|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 18, 2020|
TECHNICAL AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
• 3 year IT Diploma
• Specific analysis, integration and development skills
• Project management methodology
• Relevant business process context knowledge
• Above average ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools
• Above average technical skills and programming ability
• Programming experience in Java or Python (or any modern programming languages)
• Must be comfortable with and understand OO, SOA and API concepts
• Able to develop SOAP- and REST API’s using XML and JSON formats
o Middleware and Interation technologies: IBM Integration BusMessage Broker, IBM MQ
o Cloud-based technologies and platforms (AWS, Azure, Lamda functions, serverless computing, etc.)
o Event-streams platforms – Kafka, Confluent, etc.
o API management platforms – IBM API Manager, WS02, etc.
• Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
• Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
• Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
• Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required
• Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
• Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly
• Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
• Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change
• Analysis, technical design and development aligned to team processes & requirements
o Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
o Design and code integration programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
• Maintain and support existing systems
o Interpret user requirements and translate into integration design.
o Investigate and solve systems issues.
o Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
• Ensures effective operations
o Implement approved changes as per change control and security process
o Plan, organise and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas