|Location||Sasolburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
- Business Results
- Proven competence in pre-identified areas of the plant/equipment/systems (proven application of training) for an Artisan – Instrument Mechanician.
- Understand and use the plant maintenance documentation system.
- Understand planning work management system.
- Relevant plant specific/basic process knowledge (defined per discipline).
- Compliance to Plant specific technical training matrices and task observation (foreman & training feedback)
- Execute critical tasks and assessed and recorded by assessor, e.g. Foreman and Trainer
- Signed off job cards, permits, inspection checklists etc. (evidence of documents). Conduct quality equipment/plan inspections. (Job cards initiated from inspection)
- Work management adherence (can explain to Foreman).
- Demonstrates applicable process knowledge (can explain the basic process)
- Understanding of control systems Emergency Shutdown, Programmable Logic Controller, Distributed Control System (ESD, PLC, DCS)
- In-depth knowledge of field instrumentation (Level, flow, temperature, pressure)
- Instrument construction (pipe/tube bending)
- Knowledge of control valves (Calibration, fault finding, overhauling, smart positioners)
- Understand trip systems
Technical Results – QA/QC and systems
- Conduct discipline specific Quality control
- work effectively on shutdowns and/or normal operations
- Read and interpret Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), loop drawings, Mechanical Flow Diagrams (MFDs)
- Understand the management of change process
- Hazardous area classification knowledge and applications
Customer and relationship results
- Ability to work with cross discipline functions to achieve results
Leadership and growth results
- Participates in daily morning meetings to discuss work assignments
- In line with Natref’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12 with Maths, Science and English or Full N3 with Maths, Science and Business English
- Relevant NQF 4 Instrument trade certificate Instrument and or
- NQF 4 qualification (CHIETA/Mining Qualification Authority (MQA) preferred) and/or
- Section 28 trade tested artisan, appointed after Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) completed
- Must have at a valid driver’s license
- Entry level, willingness to learn and work or 18 months experience as Artisan – Instrument Mechanician Grade 2
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders.
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes.
- Build and establish core capabilities through partners and peers.
- Continuously develop self
- Ambassador for living the Sasol Values
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Being self-motivated
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Goal/achievement orientation
- Openness to continuous learning
- Value based behaviour
- Liaise with production
- Maintain a safe working area and good housekeeping
- Job maturity
- Sense of ownership
- Able to work independently
- Proactive identification of equipment failures in advance
- Work according to work permit RSA
- Business Results