|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 18, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
The main purpose of this position is to assist the Director with Asset Management with the strategic asset management of the Company’s properties by maximizing capital value and associated net income while mitigating the related risks for the Company’s portfolio of Office, Retail and Industrial properties located in mandated countries across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Perform Asset Management Function
- Perform asset management functions in accordance with any applicable policies, procedures, including assisting with the drafting of new policies and procedures where required, and legal requirements.
- Assisting with detailed involvement and oversight of in-country property management teams, including taking ownership of leasing strategy, involvement with key tenants and lease negotiation.
- Compile reports and analysis on the performance of the portfolio of assets, as may be required, for various governance structures including the Investment Committee and Boards as applicable.
- Contributing to the leasing strategy of the portfolio’s assets and interacting with key tenants as required
- Responsibility for management oversight and value add to the various property management teams or related service providers
- Involvement and assistance where applicable or required related to acquisitions, disposals and relevant projects.
- Identifying and communicating relevant asset management or underlying property risks.
- Adhere to and ensure that direct reports or service providers adhere to relevant levels of authority.
- Manage the process to maintain appropriate insurance on all properties.
- Assist with the valuation exercises of the various properties in the portfolio.
Maximize Return on Investment
- Assisting with strategic management and growth of assets principally through asset optimisation, including leasing strategy, asset positioning, asset condition including possible re-developments, cashflow and arrears management.
- Assisting with appropriate due diligence & feasibility studies.
- Conduct analysis of individual property performance.
- Identify & manage property related investment and operational risks.
- Dedicated focus on maximising return on investment and capital expenditure.
- Travel to in-country asset management or board meetings (typically monthly or quarterly respectively) and attend any ad hoc required meetings
- Develop and manage relationships with service providers and co-owners where applicable.
- Assist with the management and guiding of property management during the budget process.
- Responsible for the delivery of asset level income and expenditure budgets.
- Monitor and control the expenditure against budget to ensure that spending occurs within budgetary restrictions.
- Preparation of reports as required (typically quarterly) for the respective Company governance processes.
- Strategic financial performance with emphasis on maximising the net income growth of the asset portfolio and achieving budget.
- Preparation and management of capex budgets.
Manage Human Resources
- Assist with the performance planning & performance management for indirect employees.
- Promote the company Vision, Mission & Values.
Investment Research & Strategy
- Ensure that the management plan for each asset’s is aligned with Company goals and objectives.
- Conduct in-depth research and gather market intelligence and enhance industry knowledge.
- Participate and attend industry forums where applicable.
- Promoting sustainability initiatives in the portfolio.
- Keep abreast of sustainability trends, technologies and benefits.
- Appropriate degree or similar qualification in Property Management and /or financial management. Shopping Centre Management certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years within property Management with a minimum of 3 years managerial experience in the Office and Retail property sectors.
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of property & asset management i.e. financial, marketing, administrative and technical components of properties.
- Sound knowledge of the business environment, the relevant role players within the business and their key responsibilities and outcomes i.e. market indicators.
- Asset management and Financial accounting principles.