|Location||Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jan 14, 2021|
- Core Responsibilities:
• Daily Perform reception and secretarial functions in the branch as needed, answering of telephones, message taking, etc.
• Daily Control of invoices / accounts received.
• Weekly Petty Cash control.
• Daily running of admin / vessel documentation.
• Weekly running of banking and purchase of office supplies.
• Monthly Payment of Service Providers.
• Monthly Office stationery ordering / control.
• Monthly Office equipment maintenance.
• Assist vessel agents with urgent requirements when on vessels/wharf side
• Prepare ships mail and other parcels/documents for forwarding via courier
• Monthly Arrange for archives/ filing of vessel files
• Liaise with service providers for assistance of all crew arriving / departing, with immigration formalities and boarding requirements
• Booking hotel accommodation and arranging with immigration for visa extension, temporary resident permits for crew / owners’ representatives and superintendents
• Arranging transport and informing service provider of all flight details for arriving / departing crew.
• Crew to doctor / hospitalization arrangements.
• Monthly Assist with Branch Leave registers
• Provide any other general admin functions as required by the Branch Manager
CLEARING & FORWARDING SUPPORT
• Draw up relevant documentation as per clients’ instructions;
• Submit to Customs, TPT and NPA;
• Calculate Proforma invoices and requests funds (if applicable);
• Do the necessary acquittals of Customs documents with VOC / Cargo dues on completion of the loading / discharging
• Compile final Bills of Lading on vessel completion and follow up on release and dispatch of Bills and cargo documents;
• Filing of all shipping related documentation;
• Generate invoice to client, prior to bills being released and handed to Branch Manager;
• Maintain C&F vessel register
• Running of all C&F documents to different departments