|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- To perform the role of Business Support and Development within the Alchemy environment on both in-house and vendor solutions. Customer interaction is mandatory in ensuring that support and the implementation of enhancements / new products are carried out timeously. Support and development is done through end to end knowledge of the systems by analysing, advising, configuring, testing and implementing changes where necessary. BSD need to understand the whole lifecycle of a trade from Pricing to Confirmation and Settlement, including Market, Credit risk etc. Provide guidance to junior members
Implement new configuration for a portion of the system/s
- Configure front-end and back-end portions of trading/risk management systems used by Global Markets and Global Market Support functions in all markets inclusive of: Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange Derivatives, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Equities, Commodities, Structured products and Money Markets
Collaboration with FO to develop tools
- Participate in the rapid development of front end pricing and risk tools for market making activities
- Develop new reports or enhance current reports for: Trading purposes, MIS, Finance, Reconciliations or any other support function requirement.
Collaboration with development/engineering teams on projects
- Participate in the development of integration solutions and other infrastructure projects inclusive of Database Upgrades, Application Upgrades etc
Provide Support for Trading Application
- Provide second and third level support for trading systems.
- Participate in the resolution of analytical queries such as PnL queries, Risk number queries, Pricing and trade booking queries.
Implement new products to enrich Global Markets Product offering
- Configuration trading systems to enable new products. This requires coordination front to back to deliver the outcome in partnership with feature team.
Continuous learning in area of expertise to improve mastery
- Become an expert in at least one area of financial trading, in order to facilitate appropriate solutions for Business.
Interact with and support customers to deliver solutions
- Utilise strong inter-personal/communication skills to ensure that an acceptable level of service is delivered to customers
Continuous improvement of Trading Application
- Collaborate with vendor to build enhancements in to trading system when using a vendor system. Build and maintain automated housekeeping procedures to actively manage Application usability
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Relevant Tertiary Degree in Mathematical Sciences/ IT and Computer Sciences
- 7 years experience in Finance specialising in Global Markets (Must have worked in a Global markets trading environment and have good understanding of the trade life cycle)
- 3 - 4 years experience in Information Technology (Thorough understanding of the processes and functions of Front, Middle and Back Offices)
- 3 - 4 years experience in Information Technology (Must have experience with the configuration and maintenance of trading systems)
- 5 - 7 years experience in Finance specialising in Global Markets (Must understand market data concepts as well as pricing concepts with proven understanding of derivatives essential)
- 5 - 7 years experience in Investment Banking Technology (Exposure to exchange traded systems and market data providers)
Global Markets Products
- Refers to the understanding of Global Markets Products from first principals
Application Knowledge for Support
- Refers to the knowledge and experience required to ensure provision of application maintenance and support services. Support typically takes the form of investigating and resolving problems and providing information about the systems. It may also include monitoring their performance.
- The design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards.
- The planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed standards, to ensure that new and amended systems, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
- Knowledge and understanding of various IT systems and related configurations as applied within a specified business environment.
- Customer and Client Focused Innovation
- Leading Courageously
- Seeking Deeper Understanding
- Driving Delivery of Results