|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
What will you do?
General policy administration of commercial business which includes the issue of new policies as well as amendments.
This role is focused on, but not limited to; servicing broker requests, including enquiries.
- Providing telephonic/ email support to the intermediary on record, authorised representatives from the brokerage, and broker services;
- Execute policy maintenance specific amendments request
- Dealing with general insurance and policy specific enquiries
- Managing client expectation on expected turnaround times for submitted requests
- Apply and Adhering to underwriting criteria and regional requirements
Qualifications and experience
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Relevant insurance qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years commercial lines underwriting experience within a short term insurance environment. Knowledge regarding agricultural products will be an advantage
- 60 commercial FAIS credits - Commercial Lines recommended
- Experience in Agricultural commercial policy administration
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Afrikaans and English)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Relevant system knowledge (Mainframe, Policy Center and CRM) will be an advantage
- Strong analytical ability
- Detail Orientation skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer literate (MS Office Package-Good excel experience)
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.