|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jan 16, 2021|
Logistics & Transportation Jobs
- Supply the correct quality and quantity bulk product within required specifications timeously in the most cost effective manner to the production operation.
- Responsible for intake, handling, blending and supply of various spirits, wines, aperitif and cream based products.
- Manage short and long term planning of bulk products and dry goods from external suppliers.
- Minimise losses of bulk product and drive savings projects to continuously improve.
- Minimise delays to packaging lines.
- Manage, plan, control and achieve annual budgets for various departments.
- Ensure adherence to the annual maintenance plan of all equipment within department.
- Management of quality management systems for ISO 9001, FSSC, HACCP.
- Ensure and maintain the integrity of the sensory and organoleptic profile of products.
- Cross functional work with other departments to ensure production plan is adhered to.
- Liaising with buying departments to ensure the correct product ingredients and lead times is adhered to.
- Develop and implement annual departmental business plans and assist in site’s business plan.
- Establish a positive and disciplined environment with the workers and manage all HR issues within department.
- Manage and control administrative and SAP systems within department.
- To effectively manage performance and continuously improve Empowering Excellence mini business processes.
- Set and adhere to skills development program within department to ensure competent and motivated employees.
- Willing to stand in to perform work when one of unit managers or controllers is absent.
- Actively participate in daily and weekly meetings as set by Leader Standard Work.
- Must be able to work under pressure and see to queries within time associated with cellar department.
- Innovation and business improvements in support of operational and strategic goals.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- A relevant BSc degree, Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years cellar experience and knowledge within the Secondary production environment.
- Display in-depth knowledge of bulk planning methods and procedures.
- Display a high level of energy to persist with tasks.
- Ability to plan tasks and allocate time to prioritise and building in contingencies for the department.
- Ability to organise resources and effectively delegate tasks to subordinates.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Driven to provide efficient and quality standard of service to customers.
- Proven computer literacy in SAP & MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) on advanced level.
- The successful candidate must be innovative and implement and drive best practices.