|Location||Secunda, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Management of the engineering maintenance processes witihin the appointed area of responsibility to enable various mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM
Carries a 2.9.2 legal appointment for the mine
Functional outputs include:
- Safe Production – Manage and carry out engineering and maintenance strategies / overhaul plans on a day to day basis that ensure that departments KPI's are met – deliver maintenance, if and when to replace / repair equipment
- Maintenance cost vs R/t in appointed area Maintenance budget – actual vs. budget
- Availability of Equipment Downtime / shift / MTTF /MTTR (infrastructure and inspection equipment)
- Adherence to Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs. actual
- Implements operational projects, ensures engineering compliance, develops and implements engineering Standard Operating Procedures (SOP in appointed area of responsibility.
- Ensures adherence to Engineering principles and legislation.
- Compliance to engineering governance bodies (standardization committees) SOP / COP implementation and adherence
- Assess economics / engineering viability of no major engineering business cases and provides specific, inspection expertise and coaching
- Total cost of ownership (TCO)
- % delivery against OE initiatives
- Carry out condition monitoring programs in appointed area of responsibility. Compliance to Condition monitoring program schedules.
- Failure trend analysis and root cause elimination
- Execution of Predictive Maintenance recommendations (backlog)
- Safe Production – Support departments to achieve set targets by coordinating planning within appointed area of responsibility.
- Rand per ton (R/t, Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift) Volumes vs. monthly TQF (Including Quality
- Finance – Control costs to ensure production volumes are achieved within budget. Delivery against budget and reporting calendar vs. target
- SHE – Ensure best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain required RCR.
- SHE compliance rates vs. targets (especially major findings, % outstanding actions on findings) Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR
- Recruitment, training, coaching and career development
- Vacancy rates vs. Staff Establishment (vacancies incl. Absence due to TSD / PSD, AWOP, Successors for critical positions)
- Key role turnover rate vs. industry average, absenteeism, employee engagement and enablement score (%, Tons/man/year, Monthly bonus targets)
- training days for department Planned Task observations
Please note the following clauses:
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
GR12/N3/NCV L4 with Maths & Science
A valid Trade Test Certificate (Electro Mechanic)
Relevant Engineering Degree (B.Tech, B.Eng. B.Sc.Eng)
5 years Foreman experience
Typically 18 month’s supervisory experience as EIT
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- People Leadership
- INSPIRATIONAL (Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation).
- BUILDS TALENT (Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage).
- Partnership Leadership
- INFLUENTIAL (Persuades and influences stakeholders; builds relationships and partnerships for win-win outcomes).
- COLLABORATIVE (Builds Teams and creates synergies through working across boundaries).
- Self Mastery
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting