|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 18, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
- Work closely with the CEO to develop, implement and review organisational strategies to help organization realize its financial and social objectives
- Work with senior leadership to develop strategically aligned annual plans, goals, budgets, and projections.
- Monitor, assess and report independently to the CEO on progress with strategy implementation across the organisation
- Assess and report on the efficacy of operational key performance indicators against desired outcomes detailed in the Company’s strategic plans
- Identify and report on opportunities for new business development
- Recommend, oversee implementation and review strategic plans for Corporate Services (including HR, Legal, Risk, Compliance, IT and Stakeholder Relations) to achieve the organisation’s financial and social objectives
- Take ultimate responsibility for the strategic decisions in the Corporate Services department
- Provide strategic and operational input to the Head of Human Resources Manager to ensure implementation of strategies that enhance employee performance and engagement, and which fosters the desired culture change
- Provide strategic input to the Legal, Risk & Compliance Officer to ensure the implementation of effective risk management and compliance systems
Group operational performance:
- Analyse, recommend and coordinate changes to operating systems, processes and procedures in the business to enhance effectiveness and efficiency through improved service quality, process capability, capacity planning, operations scheduling, material management.
- Develop and maintain business processes, operational procedures and guidelines that align with the organisation’s strategy, culture and operating philosophy.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the Company’s operational policies and procedures across the organisation.
- Benchmark and introduce industry best practices into the organisation.
- Identify internal best practices within parts of the business and recommend and support the standardisation of these practices throughout the organisation.
- Drive improved organisational performance through implementing various change initiatives.
- Work with the senior team to develop an optimum structure to support efficient and effective operational growth.
- Implement and support company programs to help generate new growth and improved levels of customer service.
Operations Management – Corporate Services
- Lead the Corporate Services department and have oversight of a range of areas of operation including:
- Legal, Risk and Compliance
- Records management
- Human resource management
- Information Technology
- Stakeholder relations, Marketing, PR and Advocacy
- Review, approve and monitor implementation of business plans for Human Resources, Risk & Compliance, IT and Stakeholder Relations ensuring alignment with organisational objectives
- Adjudicate when the support needs of business areas compete to ensure compatibility and effectiveness in pursuing the organisation’s goals
- Oversee the development and review of policies in the Corporate Services department ensuring compliance with relevant legislation
- Ensure the documentation of key Standard Operating Procedures and business processes in the department
- Monitor the effective operation of all Corporate Services policies, procedures and controls and introduce improvements where necessary
- Drive departmental impact, growth, and the optimisation of resources to achieve the Company’s goals
- Ensure that cost-efficiencies are realized by reducing redundancy and optimising resource usage in Corporate Services
- Liaise with internal and external auditors ensuring that all matters raised by these auditors in queries, management letters and audit reports are addressed
- Be responsible for maintaining effective governance in the Corporate Services department.
- Be responsible for maintaining effective risk management in the Corporate Services department.
- Ensure that all relevant regulatory and policy requirements pertaining to Corporate Services are met.
- Ensure that complete and accurate records are maintained.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Take responsibility for the human resources under the Corporate Services department’s control
- Develop a highly skilled Corporate Services with a strong service delivery approach team to support and implement business decisions
- Role model organisational values, vision and innovation
- Oversee all Corporate Services departments’ annual plans, budgets and forecasts
- Take responsibility for maintaining effective financial management in the Corporate Services department.
- Critically analyse Corporate Service departments’ management accounts, develop and implement progressive cost-saving strategies
Level 6 - Appropriate bachelor’s degree in commerce, communications, marketing, public relations, IT, law or business administration. Augmented by a post-graduate qualification in business/management
The following experience and talents are required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ senior executive level experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a property management environment.
- Experience introducing operational systems in a large/complex organisation.
- Senior management experience in a high growth environment.
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry.
- Knowledge of change management and experience leading change processes.
- Experience in direct management and supervision of people.
- Experience in financial management and risk management.
- Broad exposure to Human Resource Management.
- Experience with Board submissions.
- Track record of excellence as a manager who is able to lead people and achieve results through others.
- Prior P&L responsibility.
- Excellent managerial, organizational, leadership and verbal/written communication skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinker who can plan, organize, execute and report out ideas and results.