|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jan 14, 2021|
Logistics & Transportation Jobs
- Our client in the heavy engineering sector is seeking a Clearing and forwarding supervisor, this role requires experience in managing staff and overseeing department. Experience in Import and Export clearing and forwarding function, both in house and by external 3rd party suppliers. 5 - 10 years? experience within a clearing and forwarding environment. (Purchasing department)
Responsible to manage the import and export administration function for accurate and efficient data generation / reporting
Reporting the budget related issues
Responsible to inform Area Manager Imports and Exports of any perceived problems
Manage the import and export administration team and administer the external contractors
Manage the clearing and forwarding for all the companies Imports and Exports
Controlling of the pre checking of invoices and payment
Manage all invoices that are received by service providers are checked for validity and then allocated
Auditing SARS documentation issued on behalf of the company by the team or any 3rd party service provider, to make sure that all paperwork complies with all laws and regulations.
- Minimum qualification of a Grade 12 and a National Diploma
- SDS Customs course / or similar course will be highly advantageous
- Certificate / Diploma issued by ITRISA will be advantageous
- Customs / Clearing and forwarding workshop/s will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge and understanding of shipping lines, TPT (Transnet Port Terminal) and TNPA (Transnet National Port Authority) compliances and processes, import and export customs rules, regulations and compliances, legal and ethical requirements of the shipping, clearing and transport industry, maritime shipping, sea and air freight, clearing and forwarding process.
- Needs to understand various purchasing terms (INCOTERMS), government acts, road legislation, warehouse procedures, shipping and insurance issues.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of the clearing and forwarding of import and export cargo