|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- To support and contribute to a small number of products or work streams relating to the design and implementation of Cloud solutions, operating across a number of Service Teams within SBSA and proactively engaging with internal stakeholders in the delivery of Cloud solutions.
• Deploy, Support, maintain and manage the F5 estate in the bank (SA estate)
• Log and manage change requests on Remedy as per the bank standards
• Implement changes as per the agreed date and time following the Remedy process
• Management of all F5 incidents and Customer Service Requests in accordance with the agreed service Levels
• Isolate, analyse and resolve F5 problems in accordance with the Incident and Problem Management Process
• Knowledge of Cisco products, Routers and Switches, with preferences on the Nexus platform
• Strong routing and switching knowledge
• Experience on Cisco ACI deployment
• Maintain configuration documentation relating to the logical and physical configurations of the managed F5 environments in accordance with the agreed configuration Items in Standard Banks Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
• Assist with any architecture requirements for new applications. Engage with application owners across the group to understand the application flows
• Advise on the latest technology trends that can assist the bank in being number one in the market
• Maintain up to date design documentation for all environments that are deployed
• Provide Level 1 to 3 support including RMA hardware swap outs for faulty hardware Escalation to F5 for complex issues, bug fixes and facilitation of development fixes
• Ensure that F5 security patches and firmware updates are updated accordingly where relevant and any recommended best practices deployed
• Configure monitoring toolset thresholds in conjunction as per the agreed standard
o Monitor F5 estate daily and highlight all anomalies that might have production impact.
o Ensure any anomalies are addressed in accordance to the change process
Audits and EOL replacements
• Audit and provide a yearly report of all device across the environment and provide recommendations
o Ensure all audit findings are remediated and closed
• Hardware maintenance (Identify all EOL (End of Life) devices and ensure they are upgraded as per
o Advise on any EOL devices and recommend replacement devices
• Provide monthly handover sessions to network support team and ensure record of sessions
• Migrations and optimization of any applications that are currently been load balanced
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology/ Bachelor’s degree with a major in either Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Certification in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
- CCIE, CCDA, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCIEadvantageous, .
- Preference to Cisco (Nexus) and F5 will be preferred.
- F5 LTM Administrator – 101 and 201
- F5 IP APM (303)
- F5 ASM (304)
- AWS and Azure Certification will be advantageous
- 3-5 Years F5 hands-on experience
- Network design background
- 5-7 years experience gained in using production systems and technologies for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices and configuration management.
- Designing and executing small scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy.
- Be familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Must have had a focus on instrumentation and observability with experience with monitoring and metrics collection tools such as AppDynamics, Prometheus, Nagios and Graphite.
- Be familiar with systems and configuration management tools (e.g. Chef and Terraform).
- Have experience implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery processes in engineering teams and lastly, experience integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline and prior programming background in at least one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Python or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
- 3-4 years experience in configuring routers and switches, facilitate implementation of networks for project delivery requirements
- 7 years experience in troubleshooting with an in-depth understanding and interpretation of network designs, ability to provide Level III troubleshooting in complex network environments
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of F5 network technologies
- Load balancing and WAN optimising skills
- Systems Design
- IT Applications
- Functional Analysis
- IT Business Analysis
- IT Support
- Routing and switching