|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- To independantly manage a small number of products or work streams relating to the design and implementation of Cloud solutions, operating across a number of Service Teams within SBSA, and proactively engaging with internal stakeholders in the delivery of Cloud solutions.
- Design and Implement Solutions - Supports the designs and implementation solutions based on architectural best practices and industry standards to ensure the effective implementation of Cloud solutions.
- Design and Implementation of Systems - Supports the design and implementation of available, cost efficient, fault tolerant and scalable distributed systems. This includes delivery and support of Cloud solutions, based on defined standards from the Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE), from an Application and Infrastructure perspective. Lastly, it includes delivery of multiple Cloud architecturepaterns and implementations to drive customer outcomes.
- Deliver Application Design and Migration - Carries out analyses of application portfolios, to support in identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility. Supports in the design of applications and identifies the most appropriate and fit for purpose method such as lift and shift existing on-premises application and data, rehosting, refracturing or designing and building a cloud data applications.
- Infrastructure Integration - Integrates existing Cloud infrastructure or network environment with corporate infrastructure or data centre environment to ensure effective implementation.
- Design Reference Architecture - Supports in the design of reference architecture and provides input to the DevOps team for implementation of codified stacks that meet the needs of the applications.
- Team Engagement - Supports a culture of continuous improvement and foster innovation within the function and team.
- Stakeholder Management - Collaborate and influence stakeholders across the IT Business to ensure that services offered are relevant and efficient. Support in influencing various stakeholders on new and innovative ways of work.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in either Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics and/or Statistics
- Certification in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
- AWS certification required
- Azure certification (advantageous)
5 - 7 years:
• Experience gained in using production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices, and configuration management.
• 3 Years in a Microsoft Windows Server or Linux environment as System administrator is necessary.
• Understanding and configuring Internet Protocols and Firewalls is required
• Designing and executing small scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy.
• Hands on experience in network management
o Good understanding in network management both local networks and wide area networks
o Able to drive network remedial issues in collaboration with network team and service providers
• Hands on experience of collaboration tools like Citrix and MS Exchange
• Hands on experience in observability technology with regards to:
o Capacity monitoring
o Setup of appropriate alerts regarding application and infrastructure monitoring
• Ability and experience to work independently and lead a team with diverse technical skills
• Hands on experience in solutioning across the infrastructure domain
• Hands on experience technical solving skills with regards networks, IT Security, Microsoft Server 2016, collaboration tools and alerting.
• Be familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
• Must have had a focus on instrumentation and observability with experience with monitoring and metrics collection tools such as AppDynamics, Prometheus, Nagios and Graphite.
• Be familiar with systems and configuration management tools (e.g. Chef and Terraform).
• Have experience implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery processes in engineering teams.
• Experience integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline and prior programming background in at least one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
- Systems Design
- Internal and External IT Environment
- IT Applications
- Functional Analysis and UAT
- IT Business Analysis
- IT Support
- A proven working knowledge of IT Security Technologies
o Able to drive remedial actions in collaboration with all areas in IT Security
o Good understanding of Active Directory, patch management, antivirus management, firewall configurations
- A proven working knowledge of Microsoft Server 2016