|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- To independently manage a small number of products or work streams relating to the design and implementation of Cloud solutions, operating across a number of Service Teams within SBSA, and proactively engaging with internal stakeholders.
- To guide less-experienced peers to become more productive and effective team members.
- Provide systems and solutions, thought leadership, advice and support services to a broad range of business stakeholders.
- Engage with vendors and manages those relationships in order to deliver solutions.
Design and Implement Solutions:
- Designs and implements solutions based on Architectural best practices.
- Provides guidance on most aspects of cloud infrastructure offerings.
Design and Implementation of Systems:
- Designs and implements available, cost efficient, fault tolerant and scalable distributed systems. This includes delivery and support of Cloud
- solutions, based on defined standards from the Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE), from an Application and Infrastructure perspective.
- Lastly, it includes delivery of multiple Cloud architecture patterns and implementations to drive customer outcomes.
Deliver Application Design and Migration:
- Analyse application portfolios, identifying dependencies and common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
- Design applications and select the most appropriate and fit for purpose method such as lift and shift existing on-premises application and data, rehosting, refracturing or designing and building a cloud data application.
- Integrate existing cloud infrastructure or network environment with corporate infrastructure or data centre environment.
Design Reference Architecture:
- Design reference architecture and provide input to the DevOps team for implementation of codified stacks that meet the needs of the applications.
Providing Cloud Engineering Expertise:
- Provide hands-on technical coaching to accelerate Cloud learning acrossthe Cloud engineering portfolio, providing expertise and showcasing the design and implementation of designs based on best practices acting as a catalyst for technical development across team
- Support a culture of continuous improvement and foster innovation within the function and team.
- Collaborate and influence stakeholders across the IT Business to ensure that services offered are relevant and efficient.
- Influence diverse stakeholders on new and innovative ways of work.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree \ Information Technology
- Post Graduate Degree \ Information Technology
- The Bachelor’s degree with a major in either Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics and/or Statistics.
- Certification in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
Application Development and Support
- Experience gained in using large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices, and configuration management.
- Designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy. Be familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Must have had a strong focus on instrumentation and observability with experience with monitoring and metrics collection tools such as AppDynamics, Prometheus, Nagios and Graphite.
- Be familiar with systems and configuration management tools (e.g. Chef and Terraform). Have experience implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery processes in engineering teams and lastly, experience leading and integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline and prior programming background in at least one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell and Perl.
Experience gained in using large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices, and configuration management
More than 10 years
- Knowledge and understanding of the external and internal environment - global marketplace experience, developments and trends that could have an impact on the IT function.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT applications and architecture.
- Skills and knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables to analyse and translate client needs and test the function of the system against the functional requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to analyse business requirements to be met by IT solutions.