|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Oct 20, 2020|
Market & Customer Research Jobs
OUTsurance is a formidable player in the short term insurance market. As a values-based organisation we take our reputation for awesome service and innovation seriously and strive for excellence in all we do. The Commercial Agent department is a high performing and fast paced team. If you are an individual who wants to get out what you put in, this could be your opportunity to do just!
- Completed Matric or National Senior Certificate
- 60 FAIS credits/Full Isurance Qualifications (depending on Dofa)
- RE5(depending on Dofa)
- Must have your own reliable transport
- Valid code B driver’s license
- 3-5 years external sales experience
Our business product offering has grown significantly over the years which has led to the development of the face to face distribution channel. To facilitate this model the positions of Commercial Agents (Face to Face) have emerged. We have positions based in Durban Central, South Coast, North Coast and PMB
The incumbent of this newly created position will be responsible for growing and developing the business insurance portfolio.
The key outputs for this role are as follows:
- New Business sales
- Client service and management
- High level performance
The Commercial Agent: Face to Face Distribution must align themselves with the OUTsurance culture and values of Awesome Service, Passionate, Honest, Human, Dynamic and Recognition.
- Build your own insurance portfolio by:
- Being able to prospect for new clients through networking, Cold calling and door – door canvasing for new business
- Effective communication with both internal stakeholders and clients.
- Conduct a comprehensive risk evaluation for the client.
- Providing solutions to clients by selling OUTsurance short term products aligned to the needs of the client.
- Drafting, tracking and measurement of your personal business plan.
- Providing on-going service and support to your individual client base (amendments, renewals, claims etc.).
- Retention of existing business including renewal discussion in line with FAIS
- Developing internal/external relationships with clients.
- Continuous building of your client base hence securing future income.
- Keeping abreast with the commercial insurance market changes and developments.
- Achieving/Exceeding targets consistently
- Providing feedback to line management when requested.
- Attending all weekly and adhoc team meetings.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders that is, underwriting/actuarial, claims as well as surveying.
- Adhering to all quality standards and measures in place.
- Communication (verbal and written) in English
- Numerical & mathematical skills
- Team supervisory skills
- Confident and enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team - balances team and individual responsibility, provides and accepts feedback
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Relationship management skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Resilience - Ability to work well under pressure in dynamic environment
- Flexible and adaptable
- Influential, concise, rational and practical communicator
- Creative flair and innovative thinker
- Relationship management
- Discretion, judgment and high levels of trust