|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Oct 21, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
About Product Compliance
The Product Compliance unit is a Pillar within Discovery Group Compliance that, as an independent second line function, provides sound advice regarding legislation, regulation, industry standards, codes, guidelines and best practice to the Discovery product houses through the application of Compliance Risk Management principles, policies, processes and procedures.
The Health Compliance sub-pillar within Product Compliance is looking for a great person to join the team as a Senior Compliance Manager to effectively and productively assist Discovery Health in managing its responsibility to comply with all the regulatory requirements and minimise the compliance risks identified in business. The role entails the facilitation and oversight of the compliance requirements specific to Discovery Health, engaging with a diverse portfolio of stakeholder and ensuring that all compliance objectives are met, being cognisant of business needs and strategic objectives.
In addition to the above, the role also requires the management of employees on different levels and skill sets and all other responsibilities to ensure that the employees adopt a high-performance culture. The person has the authority, accountability and responsibility for managing the coordination of resources ("how") to ensure the "what" is delivered as specified
- Define, set and manage compliance frameworks, policies and standards specific to the function and ensure communication thereof to impacted stakeholders
- Responsible for oversight of Regulatory change management and guidance on compliance impact in the various business areas.
- Manage and oversee significant regulatory projects
- Provide strategic guidance in decision-making on compliance or regulatory matters
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the annual compliance monitoring plan
- Provide written guidance to senior management on complex compliance issues
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly compliance reports are published
- Maintain strong working relationships with the applicable Regulators and with other interest groups in the medical schemes industry
Educational and experience
- Relevant law or BCom Degree
- The person must have a clear and in-depth understanding of the Medical Schemes Act and the medical scheme administration and managed care environment.
- At least 6 years compliance-related experience with 3 years’ experience in the management, implementation and maintenance of compliance frameworks, including staff management
- Proficient in Microsoft word and Excel
- Advance reporting writing skills
- Networking with Regulators (especially the Council for Medical Schemes).
- Relevant experience with implementation of the Compliance Strategy and Plan execution
- Certificate in Compliance Management (Advantage)
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership and management skills
- Reporting and presentation skills
- Critical thinking
- Stakeholder management
- Conflict management skills
- Analysis and problem-solving skills