|Location||Centurion, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Oct 20, 2020|
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the Data Analytics field with preference for experience in the Insurance Industry or Financial Services Industry would be advantageous.
- Relevant degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Data Science etc.
- Hands-on experience with SQL programming.
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Power BI or Tableau would be beneficial.
- Experience with analytical/statistical programming such as Python, R, or SAS would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner.
- Drive and Motivation. Ability to handle multiple tasks and takes initiative to improve their own performance.
- Creativity/Innovation. Ability to create new ways to improve current processes and develop solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Assist the Internal Auditors by using hands-on analysis of company data and providing insights from this.
- Help the Internal Audit team understand the data tools, approaches and infrastructure available to them.
- Extract data from the company’s data warehouse, profile the data to identify key features, patterns and outliers; and performing scenario-based testing.
- Assess the quality of data extracted to understand potential limitations or issues.
- Review SQL code to identify sources of data and the accuracy and completeness thereof.
- Understand and provide guidance on the appropriateness of individual access to data.
- Develop and maintain Management Information Systems in order to streamline and drive automated reporting.
- Develop visualisation analytics and reporting to present scenarios from the data; both at a high level to highlight potential risks and at a detailed level to enable root cause analyses.
- Work with the Internal Audit team to build strategic self-service data products that enable the team to more efficiently and effectively work with company data and identify potential risks.