|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
Co-ordinate Operational activities for Dealing Team
- Receiving, monitoring and processing of orders i.e. Equities, Certificates of Deposit, Unit Trust, Fixed Deposit, Foreign Exchange
- Interpreting and scrutinising of instructions for missing data
- Manage the execution process of all equity trades ensuring fair spreads and maximise client value
- Monitor price levels and spreads before placing your NCD trades with the correct issuer in the secondary market
- Accurately processing of foreign exchange trades i.e. buy, sales and same day swaps with zero slippage
- Monitor spreads and manage risks of OTC transactions ensuring minimize risk and misdeals
- Mange and place treasury bill trades in auctions
- Always be prepared with indicative pricing levels for portfolio managers discussions and meetings
- Have an in depth understanding of client base, type of funds, and points of contact for execution within each underlying asset class
- Actively manage limit orders always providing feedback and ensuring that all trades have a GTC date
- Work well under pressure and manage the different order books within turnaround times
- Capture, sort, upload and price all unit trust orders accurately and according to the different asset swap requirements
- Build relationships with key decision makers
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements and processing of these instructions. i.e. process transfers for estate late portfolio requests from various departments
- Oversee trade failures, no confirmations, system challenges, change in settlement instructions, and payment failures.
- Promptly refer matters for resolution where required or liaise with / collaborate with managers from business areas to seek resolution of escalated problems and to ensure efficient client relationship management.
- Ensure pricing and execution across all relevant channels
- Identifying, manage and reconcile PAT and OST transactions.
- Reporting of any compliance breaches
- Updating and managing control sheets, order allocations and queries daily
- Monitor life cycle and turnaround times of all trades
- Compiling trade blotters for NAV valuations of all MD International Fund trades with zero errors
- Updating brokerage schedules for different currencies traded i.e. USD, GBP, EUR and ZAR
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly information reporting. Ensure awareness of legal compliance and risk in all dealings with counterparties and their requests
- Reconciling MD Trust account and ensuring payments are reflecting
- Ensure that all client data is scanned, stored within the business systems
- Running reports and reconciling fixed deposit and unit trust omnibus trades weekly, updating spreadsheets and distributing to the relevant teams
- Set-up, co-ordinate meetings
Ensure that all Internal and External parties receive consistent, agreed high quality delivery
- Multi-tasking and prioritising orders according to deadlines
- Be solution orientated
- Ensure that you consistently support, and co-ordinates clients and portfolio managers request as quickly and efficiently to ensure minimal financial loses.
- Look for new ways to improve service proactively.
- Ensure that informal and formal feedback on service breakdowns, performance and general issues is provided to the Head: Operations.
- Understand business area trends and recommend changes to streamline processes in order to improve service and turn-around times.
- Communicate effectively in order to obtain information and to handle service requests timeously and escalate when needed.
- Implement action plans to improve service.
- Ensure telephone-answering standards are adhered to
- Take ownership of escalations and ensure that complaints are resolved promptly, and that regular, professional feedback is provided to our portfolio managers.
- Resolve queries or route to the correct area by way of monitoring until completion.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure extremely high service levels from all areas.
- Find ways to minimise risk both within the environment as well as the bank and support the Bank’s compliance and legal requirements.
- Anticipate portfolio managers requirements in terms of service support considering new trends etc.
- Seek solutions to prove best execution
- Stay abreast of market and regulatory developments
- Gain knowledge of in-house trading systems (Fundamentals, Baobab, Stadium)
- Obtain working knowledge of trading systems i.e. Calastone, Iress, Bloomberg and E-market Trader
- Work within the frameworks, policies, regulations and guidelines to ensure operational excellence in all you do
- Maintain good working relationships i.e. with counterparties, Manco’s and portfolio managers
- Timely informing of Head of Dealing of any potential risks on the dealing desk
- Required to have an urgency to deliver
- Maintain a tidy and friendly working environment
- Ensures that all laid out procedures are adhered to in order to mitigate risk
- Ensure that all information is accurately captured onto Business systems and conduct the double check to validate accuracy.
- Team player and must be able to work independently
Monitor and ensure effective operational management
- Monitor and ensure adherence to laid down procedures
- Ensure delivery against agreed targets and timelines.
- Ensure that SLAs are adhered to for all queries and requests
- Ensure that systems and tools is properly planned and utilized in the most optimal way
- Run with tasks independently and request guidance when required
- Identify key development areas that requires attention
- Ensure continuously testing of system applications as and when required
Ensure Risk & Compliance requirements are met within Dealing
- Ensure compliance to all legislation.
- Ensure relevant compliance requirements and the Bank’s policies are understood
- Escalate risk issues relating to portfolio managers and the Head, Operations.
- Keep abreast of the Bank’s policies, procedures and new regulations that impact on the operational environment.
- Driving and maintaining a high level of conduct and compliance culture.
- Timeous completion of annual compliance training.
- Own and drive risk and control for area of responsibility, ensuring all activities are managed within the appropriate risk, controls, and regulatory parameters of the bank.
- Adhere to product risk limits and internal and external rules in order to ensure an optimum contribution to the bank in terms of profitability and risk control.
Continuous improvement and Change Management
- Effective change management and adoption of projects and initiatives
- Identify opportunities to prevent/fix recurring issues
- Implement and monitor approved corrective measures to continually improve the way things are done
- Contribute to building and inclusive culture, promote bank brand and ensure positive team morale.
- Develop and drive your own personal development plan with measurable actions
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Ensure internal and external stakeholder relationship is always maintained to achieve and sustain the local and offshore business objectives
Key performance measure
- Headline Earning
- Operational Soundness
- Positive stakeholder feedback
- Satisfactory compliance/audit finding
- Treating customers fairly
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Completed secondary school/high school/A levels/Matri
Business Commercial Qualification
5 - 7 years comprehensive and intensive knowledge of investments. Requires full knowledge of business process across the broader teams, and requirements in respect of the regulator. Understand the fuller impact of making any change requests to the systems.
- Business Administration Skills - The ability to coordinate multiple administrative activities in to enable the efficient operations of a department
- Financial acumen - Knowledge and understanding of costing, budgeting and finance concepts and understanding and application of related process and procedures.
- Risk Management - Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of risk management methodologies, tools, governance structures and regulatory requirement for good management of risk
- Coaching and monitoring - The knowledge and skills required to direct, instruct and train an employee with the aim to fulfil a goal, in order to develop specific skills in enthusiastic, motivating manner.