|Location||Welkom, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2021|
1. Develop policies and strategic plans for the section
2. Develop, implement and monitor a budget for the section
3. Oversee the services and functioning of the following units:
Assessment and Graduation
Academic Structure and Student Enrolment
4. Develop and provide reports
5. Conduct committee functions
6. Represent the section internally at different forums and the university at external forums
7. Manage the performance and development of staff
Note: CUT applies an internal parity model to determine remuneration that complies with the principle of “equal pay for work of equal value”. Accordingly, the preferred candidate may expect an offer that is in line with their qualifications and years of similar experience. Please contact the Recruitment office for more information on the applicable salary scale.
Candidates will be recruited and appointed in accordance with the Employment Equity and Affirmative Action Programmes of the Central University of Technology, Free State.
Female candidates, in particular, who meet the stated requirements are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualification/ Knowledge and/or
•Masters’ degree in Administration or equivalent
•8 years relevant experience, with 5 years in a leadership role, preferably in a higher education environment
•Knowledge of legislation impacting on assessment and enrolment in Higher Education Institutions
•Systems knowledge of a higher education institution
Desired Qualification, Knowledge and/or Experience
•PhD Degree in Administration
•10 years relevant experience, with 5 years in a leadership role, preferably in a higher education environment