|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
Manages, coaches and executes the skills and competency development of Technology Engineering staff across SBG that spans across all Software Engineering disciplines. Builds an environment where continuous improvement of the technical competency development process is in focus, builds engineering excellence capability for the Group, and sets the standards, frameworks, builds the CoE and develops the toolbox
- Participate in the project-planning (PI) meetings. Providing their guidance and expertise on system options, risk, impact and costs vs. benefits. Create and share operational requirements and development forecasts to allow for timely and accurate planning of projects.
- Assist with and ensure the IT developers align with the pillars of Always-On, viz: Resilience, Observability, Auditability, Simplicity, and Automation. Install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of test data, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates.
- Build automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology. Deploy new modules and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment. Make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer
Maintenance and Troubleshooting:
- outine application maintenance. Create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance. Troubleshooting existing systems for errors and resolving those errors in a timely manner.
- Evaluate existing applications and platforms. Give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications
-The ability to use script builders as well as other related automation like:
• Continuous Integration (Tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, GitLab, Gradle etc.)
• Team Management Tools – Use one or more team management tools such as Jira, Agile Manager, MS Teams, Yammer, MS Project etc.
• Operating Systems – Have a good working knowledge in one or more Operating Systems such as Unix, Linux, Windows, z/OS etc.
• Database Management Systems – Should have worked on or had a good understanding of DBMS principles. Database knowledge on the following databases will be advantageous: Postgres, SQL server, MySQL, DB2, Oracle, MongoDB etc.
• Source Control (Tools such as Git, CVS, Bitbucket, SVN, PVCS etc.) and Static Code analysis tools. (Tools such as jMeter, AppDynamics, SonarCube, CheckStyle, TOAD etc.)
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology
- 10+ years Deep specialist in the relevant field, with strong technical experience, must have a good understanding of the business environment and business needs
- 5-7 years Must be expert in the theory of computing systems, the structure of software, and the nature and limitations of hardware.
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Organization Change Management
- Quality Assurance
- Technology Orientation
- Research and Information Gathering
- Internal and External IT Environment