|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
· To co-ordinate and plan the division’s annual budget as well as forecasts within the agreed business objectives to ensure the division meets its annual financial performance.
· To compile the division’s monthly financial statements and business review reports, clearly indicating deviations to targets and drive investigations and appropriate actions needed to be taken by the operational managers.
· To manage and control locum invoicing and payments for the division.
· To monitor divisional performance, identify and analyse trends and report on weekly performance and drive appropriate actions through operational managers.
· To manage and drive weekly scorecard meetings to ensure continuous improvement.
· To identify profitable business opportunities and drive cost saving initiatives in the division.
· To ensure compliance to financial policies and procedures, thereby ensuring compliance with internal controls and reducing risk within the division together with satisfying the internal and external auditors’ recommendations.
· To ensure that the financial viability of projects within the division is aligned to business objectives by ensuring the return on investment for capex is achieved.
· To equip operational managers with the understanding and knowledge of financial statements and principles in order to ensure that management can make sound business decisions.
· To manage the financial administrative functions within the division, ensuring compliance with legislation and business policies and procedures and financial controls.
· To effectively engage, persuade and influence stakeholders to improve divisional profitability.
· To be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values.
· To drive reduction in divisional shrinkage and waste
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Essential: CIMA, B.Com (Finance or Accounting) or B. Compt
· Minimum 5 years’ experience heading up a sizable finance function as a management accountant
· At least 3 years’ experience in a financial managerial role
· Minimum 3 years exposure within the retail or FMCG industry
· Minimum 3 year exposure to staff management and working with and influencing stakeholders
· Desirable: Exposure to SAP, SCM and MMS