|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- An Agile QA Engineer is responsible to participate in feature teams to assist in delivering quality products to the Product Owners. They wAn Agile QA Engineer is responsible to participate in feature teams to assist in delivering quality products to the Product Owners.
- They will participate and give feedback on any activities where QA practices and risks are to be considered from the writing of user stories, pre-development testing notes, execute QA testing activities in accordance to processes and quality guidelines so as to identify defects / quality concerns in projects
QA Planning and Preparation:
- Where applicable and agreed with the feature team, the correct planning of test scenarios and acceptance tests and test criteria using the available artefacts (FSS/TSS/Change notes/User Stories/Epics) and this is created in collaboration with Product Owner, Feature Analyst and Developer.
Participate in estimation of User Stories during iteration planning.
- To identify complex, risky, negative and positive test scenarios.
- Test data requirements are provided during grooming session and is prepared such that it should be ready in time for the developers/ testers.
- Desk checks with BA’s, Developer’s, Infrastructure and UX’s team should be adhered too and should not hesitate to raise any issues.
- Testing notes to be logged on file repository platform such as Confluence.
Visualization board Management (Kanban).
• Ensure all acceptance scenarios are scripted
QA Execution and Tracking:
Prepare Data requirements and ensure data availability for Test case execution. The focus on three types of data: test specific, test reference data to support scenario, application reference data which is needed for the application to start
- Collaborate in Demo/Pilot to ensure that all the test scenarios have been catered and plan for exploratory testing which can be conducted over and above the automated unit and functional tests.
- Ensure that Integration testing is conducted to ensure that the product works end-to-end. Use of additional testing such as exploratory testing should be conducted to facilitate this.
- Ensure that the necessary test stubs and drivers are created with the assistance from the Developers to facilitate test execution where applicable.
- All tests executed will contain associated evidence of testing. All test evidence will be attached in appropriate tool such as JIRA as and when required.
- All defects associated with the test cases are raised timeously within the test environment, and should be investigated to the point where the impacted downstream system has been established and assigned to correct development resource. Defect SLA’s per priority must be set up and agreed.
- JIRA / Management Tool should be utilized to keep a track of the tasks assigned to the QA and dashboards should be created to track the desired metrics for quality with the help of Iteration Manager.
- Execution / Velocity targets / Lead time targets as determined by the Iteration Manager are achieved for each iteration/sprint. Any risks should be notified to the Iteration Manager and documented in Confluence for team’s reference.
- Ensue scripts are executed.
- Ensure regression testing is executed
- Execution and reporting targets are met.
- Attend other meetings (Inception, Iteration Planning Meeting, Grooming, retrofit session, Defect meetings, and Daily SCRUMS (Stand-ups).
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- National Diploma in IT / Computer Systems
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in software development Life Cycle - 1-2 Years
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance - 1-2 Years
- Banking industry experience, preferably in Retail / Business Banking - 3-4 Years
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing - 3-4 Years
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as QTP/Selenium - 3-4 Years
- Hands-on experience with scripting language such as Java/Shell/Ruby - 3-4 Years
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process - 3-4 Years
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of various IT systems and related configurations as applied within a specified business environment.
- Should have an understanding of the CI server, Source Repository and the Agile Terminologies.
- Capable to write automated tests using the relevant tools and execute them
- Understanding and Experience with automated acceptance testing, integration and performance
- Understanding of any OOPs oriented language (C++, C#, Java).
- Understanding and Experience of any one scripting language.
- Exposure to Open sources tooling and tool set evaluation.
Software Development Methodologies:
- Good understanding of software development methodologies like waterfall, agile, etc. and related development technologies.
Test Automation Tools, and Scripting:
- Must have relevant and sufficient working experience with Test Automation tools. Good understanding and application of scripting.
- Understanding and Experience of core testing practices and techniques.