|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
This role supports the execution of the Sanlam Group strategy through value-enhancing corporate activity. This includes identifying, evaluating, negotiating and, if approved, executing equity-related transactions. These would include multi and single asset acquisitions, mergers, disposals or other investments or engagements with minority shareholders to enhance the portfolio of strategic investments/businesses. The role provides a service to the Group Office (Sanlam Group managed transactions), as well as the business clusters in support of the cluster-level corporate activity.
These are the key outcomes expected from this role:
- Identify and pursue potential transactions in support of the Sanlam corporate strategy.
- Screen proposals for initial review and prepare or oversee the preparation of preliminary review with a key focus on overall value assessment.
- Analyses and evaluates opportunities, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, start-ups, restructurings and disposals, internally generated or presented to the Sanlam Group against the Sanlam strategy and risk/return targets. The analysis will include:
- Detailed assessments of strategic rationale;
- Financial impact and shareholder value creation potential;
- Transaction and implementation risks;
- Funding alternatives; and
- The impact on existing operations.
- Structuring, negotiating and closing of transactions.
- Leading the due diligence process for approved transactions.
- Makes recommendation to Exco for sign-off on the transaction, within the corporate governance framework, for further recommendation to Sanlam Board.
- Manage the coordination and implementation of transactions and projects, including:
- Liason with business heads;
- Liason with regulatory bodies; and
- Managing and evaluating the financial and legal advisors output.
- Establish a network, both externally and internally, with key stakeholders.
- Provides a Corporate Finance advisory service to the business clusters.
- CA, CMA with at least 10 years related experience
- Project management principles
- Advanced valuation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of SA Companies Act
- Excellent working knowledge of SA Competition Act and Comesa
- Excellent working knowledge of JSE Listing Requirements and SARB regulations
- Good working knowledge of regulatory environment, including SA Insurance Act, Financial Sector Code, Insider trading regulations across various jurisdictions
Strategic level knowledge and experience in the following core areas:
- Financial and Economic Analysis
- Project future revenues and expenses
- Financial Risk Management