|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Oct 23, 2020|
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- The site supervisor is a first-line supervisory position with the responsibility to manage the civil workforce used on-site and working on all fibre implementation projects in accordance with the approved companies standards and specifications.
- The site supervisor (plan, organize, direct, control, monitor, install) the civil aspects including opening of the trenches, bedding, padding, duct installation and road surface reinstatements on al in-road and conventional trenching projects as well as the installation of poles.
- The site supervisor also ensure that the road or the conventional build lines are correctly build according to specifications as well as the installation of the poles and the fibre stringing are done to plan;
- The site supervisor must have a full understanding of the plans, drawings and specifications to plan the construction routes and layout accordingly.
- The site supervisor must plan the trench lines, pole positions, correct positioning of manholes etc before the construction team can commence with the work.
- Communicate the planned works to the civil teams under his control.
- Record proof of correct installation by taking regular photos and continuous checks to see that work done is correct.
- Pro-actively identify and solve problems.
- Ensure that in the execution of works due consideration is given to safety, Health, Environmental and quality (SHEQ) best practices and regulations by regularly conducting inspections and ensure that H&S file is up to date. This includes:
- Ensure all team members comply with H&S requirements and have a valid medical certificate of fitness.
- Ensure that team members are issued with and use the correct personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and the safety file is populated timeously.
- Ensure routine checks are carried out on all equipment and tools.
- Ensure timesheets/attendance registers are filled in accurately and on time.
- Communicate any issues to Project Manager and H&S representative.
- Receive visitors on site. Ensure all safety precautionary measures are followed to prevent incidents/accidents.
- Refer visitors to the Project Manager.
- Other specific duties as directed by the Project Manager.
- To enhance long term client relationships via effective image building and client communication.
- This further entails the following activities:
- Obtain written briefs and confirmation of works from Project Manager and General Manager.
- Communicate snags on poles planted to Project Manager before installation of fibre commence.
- Perform project quality checks walkthrough with the Project Manager.
- Correct identified deficiencies(snags) as required or directed.
- Managing the daily activities of all resources making sure that agreed daily targets, deliverables, milestones and deadlines are met by each person working on site.
- Understand the implications of changes to the scope in terms of costs, resourcing and deadlines and manage accordingly
- Ensure that the right amount of time is allocated to each job and ensure work is produced on time, to brief and on budget
- Responsible for the scheduling of work and is accountable for following site and project plans and schedules and ensuring the construction team’s daily and weekly activities meet production goals related to civil construction.
- Co-ordination of resources – plant, people, materials, equipment.
- Facilitate a safe work culture and is accountable for the safety of the construction team and must understand the legal liability of the role; ensuring the construction team apply the standards for safe working conditions and are fit for work each day.
- Also accountable for ensuring that the completed work meets standards and for recommending work processes that will improve productivity and product quality.
- Administration and preparation of reports as required by the employer.
- Provide a quality service to clients.
- Ensure that all project assets – including Trenching Machinery, Motor Vehicles, trailers and Tools are clean and used correctly.
Desired Experience & Qualification
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills: -
- At least 3 years technical civil fiber installation experience
- This can be supported by technical qualifications and relevant courses
- Able to travel – must have a Code EB or higher driver’s license
- Knowledge of Civil construction processes, plant and equipment, production control, safety, material control, sub-contractors, and read & interpret drawings & fiber plans
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as negotiating skills
- Must have problem solving aptitude
- Possess a keen desire to be a team player and have the ability to motivate and guide small to medium sized teams
- Must have working knowledge of aerial fibre optic cable installation systems
- Matriculation with recognized experience in Civil Projects using in-road trenching tools and machinery or fiber blowing and aerial deployment tools and machinery.
- Relevant technical qualifications and industry specific training short courses.
- Understanding municipal infrastructure and road construction as well as service distribution on municipal infrastructure.
- SHEQ training with applicable qualification.