|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 23, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting Finance Jobs |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
To perform the financial function for each business unit in support of the Financial Manager. To provide on time and accurate financial reporting to allow for appropriate business decisions making and to manage issues arising from financial performance deviations. To ensure adherence to sound corporate governance practices, compliance with statutory financial legalisation and enhance financial performance based on continuous improvement processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Perform reporting of financial data against budgets and/or set targets for the business unit.
- Assist Financial Manager with root cause analysis, action plan compilation and tracking and controlling of all non- conformances in the prescribed format
- Ensure all costs are posted to the account in which the budget was allocated
- Collate and review all actual results with budget in system for accuracy
- Perform reviews of actual results compared to budget – including management analysis split between staff, system, process, controllable, on-controllable and semi-controllable
- Assist with distribution of actual results compared to budget including above mentioned detail to Head Office on a monthly basis, including action plans
- Compile month-end audit file including supporting documentation and ensure sign-off on the completeness and accuracy thereof.
- Perform self-assessment on functional audit and ensure it is signed off by the Financial Manager
- To ensure that there is compliance to IFRS, statutory legislation and company policy and procedures
- Ensure/Perform management of all fixed assets
- Ensure monthly capital expenditure schedules are reconciled to GL
- Ensure VAT allocated correctly when purchasing any assets
- Ensure that all general ledger journal entries are properly authorised, substantiated by proper documentation, proper descriptions and posted to the correct GL account in the correct period
- Ensure that consumable items are properly recorded and usage captured at the correct values.
- Ensure/Perform new creditors accounts are opened according to the company creditors policy document terms and requirements
- Ensure that all delivery of goods and services are accrued for in the income statement using
- Cashbook reconciliation
- Perform weekly inter-company reconciliation and prepare monthly balancing confirmation.
- Process customer returns and credit notes.
- B Compt with completed articles
You will have at least 3 years practical experience in a Manufacturing / FMCG environment and have:
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Problem Solving, Numerical, Analytical and Computer skills.
- Good understanding of commercial and business awareness
- Negotiation and ability to influence and manage staff and external parties