|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Nov 14, 2019|
Accounting Finance Jobs
Santam’s Claims finance and reporting department has a position available for a financial analyst based in Auckland Park.
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare information to evaluate business performance and to support strategic business decisions.
- To work with appropriate stakeholders, to develop consensus on the scope, content, methodologies, and formats of comprehensive reports and summaries.
- To research key performance indicators and service levels in order to provide better intelligence in reporting and thoroughly analyse KPI variances.
- To monitor and validate data ensuring high-quality information is collected and accurately stored.
- Communicate the meaning of analysis with Management in both written and oral form, with intuitive understanding of what the analysis implies.
- Proactively suggest opportunities to avoid problems and anticipate future data needs.
- To provide a value added quality assurance and auditing function that assists management.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- Investigative/analytical experience
- 1-2 years finance analyst experience
- Knowledge of applicable software and techniques analyse and present statistical data
- Analytical skills: ability to take a large volumes of data, gather information, analyze, solve problems, finding efficient way to complete tasks, and make decisions.
- Numeracy skills : understanding relationships between numbers, visual perception of information, interpreting mathematical information, understanding trends, calculation skills, working with graphical information, measurement.
- Ability to interpret financial, statistical and operational data
- Ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer literacy
- Advanced excel skills
- Building Partnerships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams and departments to help achieve business goals.
- Proactive: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Valuing Diversity: Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals; working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills: problem-solving skills, self-control and self-confidence, time management skills.