|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jan 14, 2021|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
- The main responsibilities of this job are :
- Fit, assemble, grind and shape metal parts and sub-assemblies to maintain production machines and other equipment. Install, test, connect, commission and modify mechanical equipment.
- Perform plant maintenance and remedial work according to SAP notifications, work orders and planned schedules, including during shuts.
- Complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Complete fault finding on systems during breakdowns and repair the problem to keep downtime to a minimum.
- Participate in failure analysis.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Scope and plan work orders as required.
- Draw spares from Stores using the picking list in SAP.
- Required to work standby and overtime and cover breakdowns as required.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisations policies, procedures and bestoperating practices.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Assist production personnel with isolation processes on request.
- Obtain a valid work permit and ensure compliance to the safe work conditions.
The ideal candidate should have :
- Grade 12 and N2 Engineering whilst and N3 Engineering would be preferred
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Mechanical Fitter
- 2 years post-apprenticeship experience in a heavy engineering environment while experience with high speed packaging equipment will be considered advantageous