|Location||Hazyview, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2021|
Key Performance Areas: The following role is required on a large and busy property: Full Management responsibility of a Food & Beverage division as well as fulfilling the role of an Assistant Resort Manager.
oManagement and Growth of Revenues to exceed budgets, Maximizing of Operational Efficiencies and Strategic objectives- culminating in periodic financial Trading Summaries- all revenue centers;
oHuman Resource Management;
oSpecific HoD Management- Monitoring and control of all Food and Beverage and Convenience Outlets;
oMaintaining Service Standards in all service and associated property departments;
oEfficient, effective communication between all stake holders, departments, external property influencers ito governing bodies, outsourced functions and local industry role players/bodies;
oManage workplace relations through adherence to the relevant legislation/local bylaws and internal Policies and Procedures;
oStay informed about (and implement where possible) -Local, National and International best practices/trends in Hospitality Service departments-Hotels/Resorts/Properties, Interior Design, Technology, Systems and Entertainment;
oProcurement, Supplier Relationships and Control of property consumable & non consumable stocks and assets including the conducting of regular stock takes and par stock level management;
oDealing with guest queries, requests and complaints and management of Guest Relations- thereby driving competition comparable and market related Customer Satisfaction online and manual surveys ratings;
oSupporting the Resort Manager. The role requires that the incumbent oversees the execution of the entire resort operation and ensures the smooth running of the resort when required and in the absence of OR in conjunction with the Resort Manager.
Preference will be given to a candidate who comes from a Resort background that has Operational experience in terms of managing a large Resort.
• Proven F&B/Resort Management/Hospitality experience
• 5 years’ Experience in a similar Resort role including : Guest & Staff relations and Administration, Management of revenue streams (Inclusive of Timeshare), Budgeting and Operational Financial Management experience
• Excellent understanding of all aspects of Hospitality Operations
• Computer literacy skills including : Microsoft programs, Point of Sale, Property and Revenue Management Systems
• Previous experience dealing with Unions, Labour Relations, Industrial Relations understanding
• Desire and ability to work in a fairly remote location
• Ability to work under pressure and without supervision
• Attention to detail
• Proven communication skills
• Ability to work normal hospitality hours including shifts, overtime, working weekends and public holidays
• Own transport and a valid driver’s license essential.