|Location||Isando, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 11, 2021|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
Health, Safety and Environment
• Maximum Safe Pallet stacking heights complied with
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards as head of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation
• Ensure adherence to site safety standards and critical member of Safety, Health and Environmental Committee in line with the OSH Act. and ensure the safe operation of forklifts.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and support a safe environment for The Beverage Company’s Employees, Contractors and Visitors.
Effective Stock Quality Management
• Warehouse stock age standards maintained by ensuring stock rotation principles applied
• Ensures quality control through checking packaging on warehouse floor and prior to loading
Effective Inventory Management
• Participation in handover process before and after every shift
• Accurate stock counts performed when requested
• Maintain clear and effective communication with Stock Clerk, Warehouse Controller and Warehouse Supervisor
• Ensure efficient and accurate loading and offloading of trucks in the warehouse.
• Ensure that loading and offloading is done within the standard turnaround times
• Accurately interpreting documentation for the picking/loading of orders.
• Basic caretaking of forklifts and ensure equipment is operated safely within Manufacturers specifications and compliant with the OHS Act.
• Locating, stacking and packing of stock in their allocated areas.
• Maintain Site housekeeping by using the 5S philosophy.
• Assist with picking of orders when needed.
• Perform physical stock counts and investigate variances.
• Engage with controllers and supervisors to execute loading in line with the loading plans.
• All documentation accurately and comprehensively completed
• Conversant with relevant business information, policies, processes and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 / Matric / NQF level 4, Forklift License (Essential)
• Up to 3 years experience (Operational Execution) FMCG
• Routine communication in connection with instructions, requests or normal work tasks
• Proactive identification of problems that are concrete and procedural, troubleshoot and apply solutions in line with guidelines provided or escalate more complex problems to superiors, providing information required to solve problems.
• Others in own work area
• Able to take a complex task and breaking it down into manageable parts in a logical, detailed way.
• Thinks of multiple explanations or alternatives to a problem
• Able to identify the information needed to solve a problem effectively
• Performs tasks accurately and thoroughly, making adjustments to ensure needs are met
• Considers business priorities when making decisions or analysing the costs and benefits of various alternative solutions.
• Able to write in a logical manner.
• Takes the intended audience into account when communicating information in writing.
• Makes use of appropriate business language in writing.
• Includes all relevant information in written arguments.
• Demonstrates proficiency of language in writing.
• Interprets complex information and expresses own viewpoint in writing.
• Concludes written arguments by making reference to relevant facts
• Increases performance expectations when success has been achieved
• Seeks out sources of information, including trade associations, “best practice” companies, customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
• Finds ways to fast-adapt improvement ideas to work processes
• Proactively seeks out resources, alliances, etc., needed to quickly introduce improvements
• Organises information to make it easier to analyse or see trends.
• Anticipates consequences and formulates alternatives.
• Establishes clear decision criteria for making informed choices.
• Seeks relevant information to better understand situations and problems.
• Conducts appropriate analysis; neither makes snap decisions or over-analyses.
• Sees relationships between various facts, figures or other information.
Planning and Organising
• Manages time effectively, ensuring effective completion of tasks under stressful deadlines.
• Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
• Able to evaluate progress and make appropriate adjustments to initial plans, ensuring a successful outcome.