|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jan 16, 2021|
Logistics & Transportation Jobs
- Previous experience having worked within a General Manager / Operations Management role within a Flexible Packaging plant is essential having a good understanding of the operational and technical aspects of the equipment is essential.
- The successful candidate must have extensive Flexibles / Extrusion Operations Plant Management experience being able to assess and commission equipment on the plant.
- The successful candidate must have Extrusion, Slitting, Printing and Bagging experience.
- The successful candidate must be resilient, a team player, accept accountability for planning, execution, quality, safety, transparency etc.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing continuous improvement plans to further reduce plant losses.
- Maintaining OTIF targets through robust systems and management, as well as maintaining LTIFR targets.
- Providing support to the ongoing implementation of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and plant expansion on new technologies.
- Driving quality BRC (British Retail Consortium) and related programmes.
- Coordinating daily production plans with the Commercial Manager, as well as reviewing OEES daily and manage within standards.
- Holding meetings to execute planned production, maintenance issues, problem solving and IR issues.
- Controlling the execution of the production plan on the floor (equipment to product mix and efficient labour resource).
- Monitoring material availability and adjusted mix accordingly to balance required levels.
- Monitoring machine and shift performance trends both medium and long term and devising measures to improve.
- Controlling costs by reviewing cost drivers regularly against budget, as well as monitoring and controlling overtime (variable cost).
- Reviewing monthly expenditures and tracking against budget, as well as implementing cost saving initiatives.
- Investigating variances and implementing solutions to minimise, as well as reviewing daily quality, safety and hygiene.
- Investigating customer complaints and implementing preventative measures to reduce or eliminate recurring complaints.
- Conducting compliance audits on the department in terms of specs and procedures.
- Ensuring all employees receive statutory training and understand, as well as adhering to safety requirements.
- Implementing corrective actions arising from safety incidents.
- Ensuring machines and equipment are safe and in line with legal requirements.