|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
Logistics & Transportation Jobs
Large Logistics company located in Gauteng seeks a General Manager for warehouse with over 1000 staff to manage all operational efficiencies, with 6 direct reports to ensure continuous improvement and optimal efficiency.
- Implement operational best practices
- Provide staff leadership and direction
- Ensure SOP and company policies and administer practices
- Managing budget and controlling expenses.
- Effectively forecasting resources needed to meet service, financial and operational requirements.
- Cost justification and determine ROI.
- Inventory control processes and procedures.
- Set requirements and expectations for Warehouse Supervisors
- Works closely with other departments to support and resources for projects and initiatives.
- Ensure that customer's service expectations are met, including achieving all service levels metrics and quality performance goals
- Prepare various reports and analyses
- WCM principles
- MBA preferred
- Dealing with Unions
- Preferred Qualification: Industrial engineering, B. Com degree or Supply chain degree
- 10+ years of experience in Distribution and warehousing
- 10+ years in directly managing a very large staff compliment
- Deliver continuous improvement
- Lean principles / six sigma
- Knowledge of logistics facility/warehouse layout and flow design