|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jan 14, 2021|
Other / General Jobs
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Negotiating pricing, terms and conditions with vendors
- Updated Pricelists
- Updated Vendor Lists
- Cost Management
- Expedite deliveries
- Create orders
- No downtime due to lack of spare parts
- Procure goods and services from approved vendor list, local and overseas, and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the function’s (requisitioners) requirements for assigned materials, equipment and services are obtained in an efficient manner
- Constantly evaluating new sources of supply and forward to Purchasing Manager / internal customers for approval. These tasks need to be performed within Danone’s sourcing strategies.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and controls for the Danone Purchasing function to ensure that all purchasing activities are conducted in accordance with ethical standards and practices and compliance with Danone’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensure establishment & proper implementation of procedures & controls for all of the Company’s Purchasing activities.
- Administer Purchasing function administration duties, i.e. vendor file maintenance, Open order management, maintain purchasing filing system, effective expediting of open orders and vendor assessment and evaluation system.
- Participation in regular and effective cross-functional teamwork with key customers (internal & external) to ensure support and commitment to business objectives.
- Implement Sourcing Strategies, short, medium and long term to contribute to the Company’s operating profit and working capital objectives.
- Implement plans to increase sourcing activity with suppliers whom will contribute to our cost and product quality objectives and standards.
- Implement Vendor Partnerships to maximize cost, product quality and lead-time reduction opportunities
- Develop detailed knowledge of existing and potential supply base for Industrial, and identifying potential productivity projects
- Compiling tender documents and preparing recommendations/adjudications for identified Industrial spend
- Negotiate with and influence suppliers to achieve improved service and pricing
Sound like quite the challenge, right? To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you need to have:
Minimum Qualifications: Degree/National Diploma in Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing Management.
Minimum Experience: 5 years’ experience within a FMCG environment, Procurement, Purchasing and/or finance experience
SAP & PROBUYER knowledge.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (Technical & Behavioural)
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of materials, products, and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Committed to deadlines and quick turnaround times
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, excellent interpersonal skills
- Results driven, self-motivated, pro-active and inquisitive
- Excellent service orientation
- Taking accountability for tasks through to completion