|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 23, 2020|
- Ensure patrons encounter excellent hospitality at all times.
- Work closely with senior club Directors to implement strategies and accomplish performance goals.
- Recruit, Hire, Train, schedule, coach and develop club staff.
- Manage all aspects of club, including bar operations, tennis courts, grounds, pool, golf, and other facilities and events.
Job Description for Golf Operations Manager
Position Title: Golf Operations Manager / Golf Operations Asst. Manager
Reports To: General Manager
As a Golf Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day to day Golf and Club experience include the Food and Beverage, Retail Experience. Oversees the management and performance of golf shop and applicable department operations and services to assure high standards and total customer satisfaction.
He/She should be a detail-oriented team leader with strong guest-centric, business and organisational skills along with a passion for the game of golf. Develops all golf operations department budget including past performances and forecasts to see that all financial goals are met as per the hotel‘s guidelines, policies and procedures.
Golf Operations Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service at the Golf Arena and relates facilities.
- Oversees and enforces the golf shop operations policies, procedures, controls, and fee structures to ensure the safekeeping of assets, inventory and resources.
- Oversees merchandising for the golf shop.
- Oversees the supervision of the maintenance of golf carts and golf operations personnel.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Approves and Orders supplies associated with golf activities.
- Develops and oversees an innovative tournament schedule and golf activities program that services all customer segments.
- Schedules and chairs regular staff meetings focused on customers, operations, revenue growth, cost containment and continuous improvement.
- Maintains a close working relationship with the Golf Course Attendants and other department heads to ensure an effective, fluid inter-departmental operation.
- Occasionally plays golf with members of all skill levels to encourage enthusiasm.
- Responsible for the overall day to day service levels for the Golf Clubhouse food and beverage outlet to include the golf shop and locker room.
- Responsible for financial results of the golf club, food and beverage and retail outlet.
- Maintaining budgeted beverage cost, wage cost, and supporting the sales efforts to drive top-line revenue.
- Reviews findings from guest feedback with employees to develop appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinates plans with the Food and Beverage Manager for all food and beverage needs, on course food and beverage needs, banquets, outside events and catering for all golf functions.
- Prepares annual and monthly budgets for golf operations.
- Responsible for the Golf Shop Retail operation to include buying product, managing inventory levels, markdowns, and promotions.
- Builds relationships with key resort teams to include Food and Beverage, Culinary, Restaurant Reservations, & Banquets.
- Attends regular Food and Beverage leadership meetings to ensure proper communication and teamwork.
- Addresses guest, member and member guest complaints and resolves problems immediately.
- Establishes guidelines for Golf Operations for employees to easily understand expectations and parameters.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognising the contributions of the team member.
- Act as a role model to all employees by demonstrating the behaviour and work ethic expected of all employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by the management.
- Strong organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be friendly and personable.
- Maintain a credible golf game and remain current on teaching innovations.
- Self-motivated with the desire to promote and market.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong leadership and strategic planning experience
- Experience successfully managing a large staff.