|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
- Directing and co-ordinating the Engineering activity of the production maintenance, engineering support and project engineering teams, as well as planning, directing and controlling plant improvement projects.
- Analysing plant and equipment failures, initiating and following through action plan to reduce to a level insignificance and to implement the permanent fix.
- Setting and maintaining Engineering standards and systems of the process plant and equipment
- Teaching and coaching the engineering, production and support teams regarding engineering and process matters.
- Developing and implementing engineering and process technology, operating philosophies and practices to optimize product quality and eliminate waste through yield improvement and engineering machine availability.
- Ensuring that all engineering systems and standards are in place and audited.
- Provide technical expertise and support for engineering, production and product technical departments.
- The provision of effective engineering maintenance planning and maintenance information support activities.
- Planning and controlling total plant capex and departmental budgets.
- The planning, organisation and coordinating of all activities regarding compliance to South African law as regards the OHSA, Environmental and other applicable legislation
- 5-8 years proven experience in Leadership position gained in a manufacturing environment - tyre and rubber industry
- In possession of an BSc degree or S4 Technical Diploma (Mechanical and/ or Electrical Government Certificate of competency)
- Electrical Engineers Certificate of Competency (GCC) is a must.
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years proven experience in a leadership position gained in a manufacturing environment is key to success.
- Experience in the application of world class manufacturing techniques and a high degree of computer literacy is essential.
- Will have to do a presentation to the selection panel on how they intend to manage this challenge