|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 24, 2020|
Market & Customer Research Jobs
The provision of cost effective, efficient, stable and secure shared Datacentre and Enterprise Services for all participating businesses in the Group, across the geographies of a global organisation as per agreed services levels.
Budget, cost recovery and charge back measures and procedures.
Continuous standardisation, consolidation and optimisation of services offered (all Datacentre and Enterprise Technology shared services).
Continuous collaboration with Application shared services.
Managing outsourced services delivery and relationships (Sourcing Strategy Implementations).
Engaging with business units to understand their strategy and business requirements to ensure alignment of the GTI services offered.
Strategic Self Execution and Datacentre commercialization.
Ensuring availability of all Core Hybrid IT Systems delivered through GTI.
Ensuring continuity (Resilience Engineering) of all Core IT Systems delivered through GTI.
Ensuring a secure infrastructure environment together with security teams.
· Accountable for the provision of cost effective, efficient, stable and secure enterprise technology share services for all participating businesses in the Group, across the geographics of a global organisation as per agreed service levels. The scope includes physical data centres, computer equipment rooms (CER's), hosting platforms (Mainframe, Distributed Servers, Storage Area Networks, Backups, Disaster Recovery, iSeries, Unix (AIX, Sun and LINUX), DBA services including Microsoft SQL and Non-SQL and bulk printing.
· Development of Software Defined Data Centre concepts for automation, hyper-convergence, self service capabilities, hybrid IT using AWS and Azure as Cloud providers.
· Core Saas and Paas platform strategy development and large-scale workload deployment.
· Data Driven Lean and Agile solutions delivery for new business requirements.
· Datacentre Design, Datacentre Clusters, Pop-scale deployments for Africa Operations and relation technology risks on behalf of the business.
· the ability to provide just in time services (M&E, Structured Cabling) above a default level for pods, hardware cabinets and storage arrays in a risk averse manner.
· Ability to refine and develop processes to optimize operation excellence.
· Support the development of future roadmaps for datacentre core technologies.
· Development of Policies, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines for responsible areas.
· Strategic Vendor Management
· Risk Management
· People Management
· Customisation of solutions for diverse business requirements.
· Instil a culture of automation in all provisioning and lifecycle tasks for on premise and cloud provisioned services across all teams.
· Build competence of scripting and automation within Datacentre and Enterprise unit to enable future efficiencies.
· Enable and Integrate Infrastructure (on-premise and cloud based) to development environment practices for improved DevOps experience.
· Ensure proper integration of security practices and toolsets into the Datacentre and Enterprise environment for proper security protection (patching, vulnerability, authentication, event, intrusion protection, etc.) for on premise and cloud protection.
· Ensure use of cloud-based toolsets for vulnerability protection, policy compliance and patching where appropriate to supplement provisioned tools.
· Enable strategy and decision making of correct platform, together with easy integration between on-premise and respective cloud platforms.
Qualification, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
· Bachelor in Comp Science, Informatics, Bachelor of Commerce Information Systems NQF Level 7 qualification/alternatively an appropriate IT Qualification
· At least 10 to 12 years relevant work experience
· Extensive technical, operations, risk and business management experience in complex technology environments (at least 10 years of which 5 years is in a senior management role)
· Technology trends and direction
· Business climate and technology needs in the global enterprise servicing multiple client requirements
· Manage Outsourced Vendor relationships
· In depth experience in the IT environment across the areas of responsibility
· Dealing with global customers and suppliers
· Negotiation across the geographies and cultures of a global organisation
Extensive experience in managing shared services for a large multinational enterprise