|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- Develop and translate the Group’s reporting strategy into measurable targets and outcomes through the delivery of fit-for-purpose financial and non-financial reports. The key to success will be in identifying and delivering the synergies between financial and non financial metrics to measure the progress against the strategic execution. Assist with the development and implementation of the Group’s financial digital dashboard that will streamline reporting deliverables.
Monitor, measure and communicate Standard Bank Group results to executive management.
- Delivering timely, high quality and effective management reporting that provides key insights, highlighting risks and aids the decision-making process for Standard Bank Group.
- Review, oversee and manage all reporting deliverables that are used by senior management to effectively communicate results to senior executives.
- Review all information disclosed in the Detailed Analysis of Financial reporting, Analyst Booklet and Annual Financial Statements.
- Review critical reporting period plans that include reporting deadlines, group audit committee (GAC) and board timelines. Adherences to the reporting deadlines are critical to ensure deadlines are met.
- Review all key ratios and metrics disclosure, commentary and graphs reported to Exco, Board of directors and external analysts.
- Drive the design of all new analysis tools that are used as a method of performance measurement.
- Be proactive in identifying accounting and reporting issues by regular consultation and discussions with management within business units.
- Review monthly pack to be submitted to Group regulatory reporting.
- Review credit metric schedules submitted to Group Risk which are used to provide assurance on the quality of the Group’s approved credit risk.
- Review and approve journals processed for all the key central entities.
- Manage the new ways of work process by facilitating the daily progress reporting meetings.
Contribute to the development of the banks overall reporting vision, strategy and policy and execute on the strategy.
- Assist with developing and aligning the Group’s reporting framework to its strategy.
- Assist in the delivery of optimal financial systems, processes and practices in place; and continuously seek ways to improve and embark on cost cutting and streamlining processes.
Provide oversight and ensure delivery of financial and non financial reporting to key internal Standard Bank Group stakeholders.
- Responsible for all financial and non financial reports for Standard Bank Group.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Group’s business plan objectives and the efficiency and effectiveness of the Group by:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Group’s financial digital dashboard that will streamline reporting deliverables.
- Assist with developing and maintaining management information through driving effective and value adding reporting by efficiently using progressive / next generation technology.
- Assist with developing and linking of the Group’s value drivers to its strategy. Finding key correlations to help the Group achieve its 20in2020 vision.
- Enhancement of the Group’s non financial metric reporting through best practise principles that are aligned to the Group’s vision and strategy.
- Continuously reassess the Group’s remuneration policy and provide the head of Internal reporting with insights and alternate recommendations to ensure that remuneration links to performance.
- Manage internal teams to understand their reporting needs and assist in identifying solutions to improve their reporting capabilities.
Maintenance and preparation of financial models to produce relevant, accurate and timeous efficient reporting.
Improve and maintain underlying reporting excel models to ensure information for Group Executive Committee (Exco) and Detailed Analysis of Financial Results is relevant, accurate and prepared on a timeous basis. This includes implementing new ways to improve models.
- Responsible for inspiring, motivating, leading and managing the team and creating an environment where learning, development and performance are emphasised.
- Discuss and set goals and manage delivery of outputs in line with group strategy.
- Monitor and manage performance and development of team, including regular 1:1 feedback, performance appraisals and other communications.
- Build organisational capabilities through evaluating possible future requirements, taking personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring.
- Effectively delegate authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of team.
- Drive a high-performance team that can deliver efficiently by using cost effective solutions.
Ensure efficient and effective stakeholder engagement.
- Proactively develop relationships with key internal stakeholders relevant to the business to ensure accurate presentation of Group results.
- Build and develop relationships across the Group with various stakeholders to ensure universal bank principles are applied for internal reporting.
Proactively keep abreast of changes in the economic environment, IFRS updates as well as internal reporting requirements
- Maintaining technical knowledge of self by reading material produced by the following committees (amongst others) on IFRS developments:
- The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB);
- The International Financial Reporting Interpretations Committee (IFRIC);
- The South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA).
Liaison with external auditors.
- Liasing with external auditors at year end to ensure all audit queries are timeously addressed.
- Adhoc requirements from Group FD and executive management.
- Adhoc requirements from Investor relations.
- Adhoc requirements from Group Consolidations.
- Adhoc requirements from Group Tax.
- Adhoc requirements from Group Budgeting.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
CA(SA) or the equivalent
MBA or Finance / Business post graduate qualification
7-10 years - Good understanding of Bank reporting and its financial structure
7-10 years - Experience in analysis of financial and non-financial information.
7-10 years - Experience in report writing and presenting financial and non-financial information.
7-10 years - Technical knowledge around financial reporting in particular IFRS coupled with experience in credit risk analysis.
7-10 years - Experience in financial modelling techniques. Ability to critically review and improve models in order to improve the reporting process, integrity and relevance of financial information.
3-4 Years - Ability to change and allow for team rotation