|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Nov 14, 2019|
Accounting Finance Jobs
Sanlam Investments Asset Management is the local active asset management house within Sanlam Investments. We offer a wide range of proven active investment management capabilities accross all asset classes with a solutions set that encompasses equities, fixed interest, absolute returns and multi-asset class investing. We offer unit trusts, life pooled portfolios and segregated portfolios for both retail and third-party institutional clients.
Responsible for researching, analysing and provision of relevant information and recommendations regarding investment attractiveness of bonds, commodities, equity, currency and other investment vehicles. Analyses an organisation's position within its industry, sales and profit estimates, projected rates of return on capital, total equity, asset utilisation and leverage. Projects short- and long-term values of stock compared with historical evaluations relative to a market index. Assists with report backs and explains performance variances. Makes recommendations for the selection of investment decisions.
- Focused industry research and analysis
- Fundamental research of leading publicly listed companies with a view to producing and maintaining a comprehensive investment case
- Communication of findings and recommendations
- Experience in fundamental research in the resources sector
- Knowledge of accounting and finance with emphasis on valuation
- Application of macro and micro-economic concepts, specifically in relation to commodities.
- Computer literate (MS Office, financial modeling)
- Track record of academic and professional success
- Passion and flair for investments
- Ability to debate in a constructive manner, challenge popular wisdom
- Inquisitive nature, desire to learn
- Results driven
- Flexible team player
- High level of numeric ability
- Thrives in a high pressurized and dynamic environment
- Proactive and the ability to work and think independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills, proficient in English
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.