|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 18, 2020|
The main purpose of this position is to project manage and oversee the design, execution and construction of allocated new developments and refurbishments in close coordination and in collaboration with various stakeholders. To implement and manage a maintenance schedule across all stores to ensure efficiency.
- Explore new geographic expansion opportunities through visiting sites, managing relationships with key partners, undertaking financial analysis, and conducting detailed research.
- Assist the Director in preparing budgets for repairs maintenance and development projects
- Oversee and serve as main point of contact for contractor teams during each project
- Manage the finances of ongoing projects, including payments, reconciliations, cashflow, budget, etc. for maintenance, repairs, developments and refurbishments.
- Produce internal reports - recurring and adhoc - as required by management
- Implementation of Maintenance plans across all stores
- Oversee completion of maintenance procedure instruction, systems demonstration and proper delivery of Operating Manuals.
- Manage and oversee due-diligence process for all Property deals, i.e., coordinating all legal and land deal documentation as needed per negotiation.
- Ensure that service level agreements are in place for all suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors
- Manage development budgets in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Monitor expenses against the budget
- Manage the development communication strategy
- Managing / following up on Town Planning process
- Facilitate / manage engagement of Consultants along with development of design briefings and project proposals.
- Manage Project Governance and Risk plans.
- Manage external planning and authority approval processes.
- Manage Construction by preparing and presenting Reports on Project Progress.
- Facilitate Project Handover and distribute compliance certificates to ensure legal operation of the development.
- Tertiary qualification in Property Development/Quantity Surveyor/Engineering or Construction.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Project Management in the Property and Construction Development sector.
- A reputable project management certification.
- Accreditation with South African Council for Project and Construction Management Professional (Desirable).
- Significant experience managing end-to-end projects within the property development/construction space.
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively to diverse groups of people.
- Experience working in property/construction for restaurants (desirable)