|Location||Midrand, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2021|
Key Performance Area
- Under close supervision and guidance, assists team to deliver services within defined strategic objectives.
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Works collaboratively with own team and that of the client service line/area to deliver quality service in allocated tasks
- Starts to develop effective working relationships within client business to better understand their requirements
- Understands context of own delivery against timelines
- Assists team members as required
- Remains aware of risk in area of expertise in alignment with Deloitte policies and processes
- Checks work prior to submission for review and notes feedback for reference
Development/Growth of Team
- Actively works to address identified development areas
Budgets / Profitability
- Effective use of time, equipment and resources
Differentiators for this specific role
Quality of Client Acceptance/Continuances performed
- To ensure that all client acceptance and continuance checks are completed accurately
- To ensure that all client acceptance and continuance checks meet the requirements in respect of layout and neatness
- To ensure that all client acceptance and continuance checks have sufficient, relevant and reliable information to be able to conclude on them
- Ensure all correspondence are attached to cases.
- The nature of the activities of the client is descriptive to clearly establish what the activities of the client entails
- Links are sufficient and appropriately attached.
- The ownership structure has been identified, it is sufficient and can be relied on.
- Details of all entities that hold an effective 10% or more (Unlisted SA entity) or 20% or more for all other entities of the shares/financial interest in the client (whether this is a direct or indirect shareholding; list all “upstream” entities/individuals who hold an effective shareholding or more in the client)
- Where a trust has been identified as a shareholder or client, provide full
- Proof/links are sufficient and appropriately attached.
- Names and designations for responsible individuals directing or managing the client's affairs has been provided, i.e. Key individuals (CEO, COO, CFO) and Directors (executive and non-executive directors of the client).
- Research has been performed on all relevant databases
- Research has been performed on all the relevant entities i.e. all individuals, individual shareholders, client and shareholders; trusts etc.
- Research has been included to the case
- All possible implications/sanctions/litigations have been identified and documented.
- A consultation where necessary has been logged and the appropriate feedback received, prior to proceeding with the Client Acceptance/Continuance
- The consultation number has been referred to on the KYC and the summary of the feedback/conclusion as also be documented.
Communication with business
- If necessary, an email has been drafted to request information
- The request has been drafted neatly.
- The communication has been attached to the client/KYC.
- The Client or its owners (shareholders), key management, directors or officers that qualify as Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) have been identified, detail has been provided and proof/links have been attached.
Integrity Concerns or Adverse Media Coverage Searches
- Any integrity concerns or adverse media coverage about the Client or its owners (shareholders), key management or directors, particularly with respect to fraud, corruption, money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions, criminal investigations, regulatory investigations, significant litigation or any other negative reports on public interest matters, that could adversely impact our firm have been identified and concerns raised and documented.
- Client Acceptance/Continuance has been performed in a neat manner and is overall well documented and presented
- A basic level of understanding and knowledge of the Know you client process.
- Client Acceptance and Continuance Operational and Process Manual requirements and understanding are applied.
- Work effectively with research database.
- Seek assistance and guidance from Sr Risk/Risk Analysts when required
- Correspondence has been done with little or no assistance
- Documented relevant information from telephone discussions on cases as evidence.
- When CA/CC are assigned by Sr Risk Analyst /Manager update the case with your credentials and keep Sr Risk Analyst /Manager up to date on status.
Communication with Team and Management
- Regular communication with management when problem areas are identified, and keep management updated.
- Communicate with team and management when uncertain.
- Escalate cases to Senior Risk Analyst after 2 reminders of any outstanding info required from the client/engagement teams.
Attending and contributing to additional activities
- Assist with any ad-hoc matters relating to the client acceptance and continuance process
- 3 x Year National Diploma/Degree
- A commercial/business, compliance or risk qualification or similar
- One to Two years' experience within the function/area
- Basic understanding of risk and independence aspects affecting the audit environment.
- General Knowledge of Company Structures
- Computer literacy- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Some knowledge of the regulatory bodies (IFAC/SEC/PCAOB etc.)
- 1-2 years’ experience within a similar function
You will need to have the following behavioural competencies:
- Management of responsibilities
- Ability to learn
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills