|Location||Durban, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jul 28, 2021|
To undertake lecturing duties and the associated functions of preparation, assessment, moderation and curriculum development.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Academic content development.
• Contribute to the preparation of course materials.
• Carry out administrative tasks related to courses and attend meetings as required by the department’s management team
• Maintain a practical understanding of service standards and quality improvement initiatives relevant to the department and work to these standards, engaging in personal and professional development as appropriate
• Researching and developing new topics, courses and teaching materials, including online resources.
• Participation in Examination Certification and Promotion of learners.
• To lecturer subject matter (Face to Face)
• To conduct contact session with students. (Distance)
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Academic content development and Lecturing
• Academic leadership and Research
• Student records and Academic monitoring
• General Academic administration
• Student Support and Contact session (Distance)
Should you not receive any feedback in 6 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: Educor will give preference to South African citizens and those that advance its employment equity goals, suitably qualified in line with the inherent requirements of the job advertised.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 3 years experience in the industry
• 1 year teaching experience
COMPETENCIES OF THE JOB:
• Planning and organizing competencies
• Interacting with Students and Communities
• Excellent Interpersonal and Managerial Skills
• Good team player who is flexible/adaptable.
• Extensive Product knowledge.
• Strong communication skills especially verbal and written English.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
• Ability to assist remotely.