|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2021|
Engineering / Technical Jobs
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
- A way of work that anticipates the requirements of various stakeholders when engaging through all mediums of communication
- A passion for consensus-based decision making
- The ability to deliver in a high-pressure, innovative environment
- Curiosity and comfort with numbers and large data sets
- A level of influence that creates buy-in and win-win outcomes with stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to engage at strategic, tactical and operational levels of the business
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Ownership of personal development
- Technical consideration and assessment of the workmanship and repairs completed on damaged vehicles by panelbeaters.
This may include, amongst others:
- Quantification and assessment of the costs incurred in the repair of a damaged vehicle with a comparison of that costing to the OUTsurance rates schedule;
- Report writing as mechanism to provide feedback to service providers as to the outcome of an audit;
- Regular on-site meetings with clients and service providers;
- Providing written and verbal feedback in a professional manner to internal and external stakeholders;
- Extensive engagement with service providers;
- Scheduling and performing administrative functions needed in arranging and scheduling of audits; and
- Occasional handling and resolving of queries and problems from service providers and clients.
- Compare information presented on the claim against any Outsurance policies
- Determining equivalent replacements to the audited claim, if applicable;
- Handle any complaints timeously with the panel beater or customer during the audit process;
Skills and Competencies
- Strong administrative capability;
- Good report writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Technical buildings and construction experience;
- Computer literacy is essential with MS Excel and MS Word being core competencies;
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated;
- Should be able to work independently in an unstructured environment;
- Judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Negotiation skills;
- Stress tolerance;
- Tenacity and resilience;
- Customer service oriented;
- Deadline and results oriented;
- Attention to detail;
Qualification and Experience
- Post matric diploma in panel beating (optional)
- Must have a firm, technical and operational understanding of the panel beating industry and panel beating in general;
- Must have actual hands-on experience in the panel beating or motor assessing industry;
- The remuneration of this position is based on a performance structure.
- An ideal candidate will be able to align their personal work values to the OUTsurance values of awesome service, dynamic, honest, human, passionate and recognition.
- Enthusiasm in dealing with people in a stressful, deadline orientated environment is essential.
- Successful candidate must be based in Cape Town or willing to relocate at own cost after initial training is completed in Centurion.
- Travelling to other regional areas of South Africa as might be required to ensure appropriate service provider coverage from an audit perspective. Candidate must be willing to travel extensively throughout the country.
- Candidates must also be willing to travel to other regional areas of South Africa during high claim periods during which candidates might be expected to assess claims. In order to perform this function, candidates will receive assessing training.