|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jun 23, 2020|
Sappi Southern Africa Limited - Sappi Forests is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to ensure the maintenance of a healthy workforce, to establish support functions that aim to improve employee health, safety and productivity, and to implement systems that ensure compliance with relevant legislation in an Agricultural / Rural environment.
- Targeted employee health monitoring and effective remedial actions to correct deviations.
- Compliance with legal requirements regarding occupational health and safety.
- Elimination or control of occupational and environmental hazards by continuous identification, assessment and the implementation of preventative/corrective actions.
- Identification and management of adverse health effects arising from workplace conditions (including management of work-related injuries and illness, rehabilitation, reintegration and compensation where applicable).
- Ensuring appropriate staff deployment, in accordance with the risks to which employees may be exposed, and the inherent requirements of the positions to which they are assigned.
- Education and training of employees in accordance with the risks to which they may be exposed, and the inherent requirements of the positions to which they are assigned.
- Providing a Primary Health Care program to employees of the company.
- Providing professional advice to line management with regard to health and wellbeing.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of health policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with all relevant legal requirements.
- Building and maintaining conducive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ensuring accurate and timeous reporting of occupational health issues.
- Interacts and develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure quality data and benchmarking, analysis and reporting on findings.
- Manage costs within the allocation of the central budget.
- Continued process of monitoring, evaluation and review through a formalised and data-driven process.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning & Organising
- Attention to Detail
- Self-motivated & Energetic
- Management of Occupational Health conditions
- Health risk assessment
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma/Degree in nursing (3/4 years)
- Diploma in Occupational Health (1 year)
- Occupational health certificates in Pharmacology, Audiometry, Spirometry and Emergency Care
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council
- Registration wit the South African Society for Occupational Health Nurses
- Driver's License and ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Three years’ experience in the Occupational Health field
- HCT training
- HIV management course