|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Oct 20, 2020|
Accounting Finance Jobs
Sanlam Specialised Finance is housed in the Sanlam Investments Group Cluster and is a combination of Sanlam Capital Markets, Sanlam Structured Solutions and Sanlam Portfolio Management. This combination ensures that the businesses responsible for managing different aspects of the Sanlam balance sheet are housed together. Sanlam Specialised Finance works closely with the Balance Sheet Management function of Sanlam to assist the Balance Sheet Management Function in its pursuit of optimising the Sanlam balance sheet. The new structure is also expected to enhance risk management within Sanlam. Sanlam Specialised Finance business has two components; the first is an on-balance sheet financing business (similar to those found in the large South African investment banks) and the second is the Sanlam Portfolio Management team. The Sanlam Portfolio Management team negotiates and maintains relevant mandates with Sanlam, and will determine an appropriate asset allocation for the Sanlam assets. This will include allocations to businesses within Sanlam Investments.
Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of transactions executed by derivative and scrip lending dealers as well as portfolio managers.
• Implementation and administration of all trades (close interaction with Curo Fund Administrators)
• Ongoing monitoring and administration of existing trades
• Ongoing monitoring of collateral positions related to trades
• Assisting with monthly and quarterly reporting
• Comprehensive support to the Structured Solutions team in order to successfully service the clients
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of client and products invested by client
• Attending to client queries timeously
• Involved in ad-hoc accounting and operational related projects and activities.
Experience and Knowledge
• Minimum of 2 years investment experience
• Ability to analyse financial information and awareness of the financial reporting requirements for different products within the asset management reporting environment and an understanding of financial markets and instruments
• Basic knowledge of derivative instruments would be recommended
• Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (word, excel)