|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- To ensure that the Specialised Portfolio’s perform within risk appetite, budgets are set appropriately and that strategic portfolio decisions are optimised. Specialised Portfolio’s include: Commercial Property Finance; Debtor’s Finance, Public Sector, Agriculture & Trade Finance
Effective Credit Risk monitoring:
- Guides the detailed analysis of changes in trends in order to determine the root cause and formulates the relevant plan of action where required to ensure that the portfolio remains within risk appetite parameters. Examples of trends include: Risk distribution of customers applying for Business Loans, Industry distribution, Loan Term distribution, Channel distribution, Business type, Limit Increases, Excesses and Dishonours.
- Represents the allocated Credit portfolio at various stakeholder feedback sessions (for example Manco’s, Exco’s and Credit Risk Management Committee).
- Continuously reviews the Business Lending strategies to respond to environmental and/or risk changes timeously.
- Reviews all the monthly reports and issues arising (such as operational issues, quality of decisions made in the credit evaluations team) and determines the most appropriate course of action.
- Influences and monitors progress of action plans arising from credit risk monitoring, product or sales initiatives and audits, in order to improve the credit risk environment.
- Uses external data to benchmark against trends observed in the portfolio, for example market share, economic environment.
- Provides assistance with any ad hoc requests
- Assists internal audit with data requirements and ensures that findings are prevented/resolved timeously.
- Reviews credit performance, formulates credit requirements (what) and introduces relevant credit rules (how) for Specialised Products / Segments (e.g.,Franchising)
Impairments and Capital management:
- Accountable to achieve forecasted portfolio impairment budget.
- Provides potential risk factors to use in stress testing of impairment budget.
- Manages and communicates Income Statement and Balance Sheet impairment charge (month on month changes and view of year end expectations.
- Monitors and oversees capital levels and drivers with a view to provide appropriate improvement recommendations.
- Provides input into the enhancement of provisioning methodology (e.g., IFRS9, CIB methodology, etc.).
- Facilitates knowledge sharing to Regional Credit Heads and drives appropriate impairment management (where manual).
Risk Appetite Management:
- Drives effective execution of the credit risk strategy and framework in line with the risk appetite statements, the Group Credit Risk Governance Standard, PBB Global Credit Policy, and the National Credit Act.
- Influences the formulation and management of an overall business lending level risk appetite (in addition to segment/product specific risk appetite statements).
- Develops business requirements and proposals to capitalise or mitigate findings from the Risk Appetite and Impairments Forecasting team. (May implement without sign off by Credit Committee, provided that performance remains within agreed risk appetite parameters.)
- Shares the credit risk framework and methods proactively through participation in employee orientation sessions, training, and creating awareness in relevant engagement sessions (e.g. Business Lending Portfolio Reviews implementations, process changes and relevant communication thereof to all relevant stakeholders). This is to ensure that all potential risks in the operational and channel environments are adequately considered and mitigated.
- Provides insight/feedback relating to the impact legislative changes may have on Business Lending credit.
- Participates and provides input into relevant planned changes in the Business Lending portfolio - strategy changes, product changes, segment changes, system changes and process changes. Provides a proactive view of the potential impact on the credit risk profile of the portfolio and propose relevant risk mitigating strategies/processes
- Manages the relationships with various stakeholders and support areas, for example Business Lending Products, Regional Credit Heads, Credit Finance and Capital teams by providing regular feedback on output of credit risk monitoring and results of analyses, as well as obtaining feedback on other initiatives, areas of concern etc.
- Ensures that manual processes are aligned to strategy and executed in a cost effective manner by liaising with the Credit Evaluations and Risk teams.
- Works with managers in the team to achieve desired business results through continuous improvement, technical development, coaching and mentoring activities.
- Encourages team members to express their views, resolves issues raised by the team, escalates issues if required, and provides feedback to teams on an ongoing basis.
- Monitors and manages the performance and development of staff within the area. This includes regular one-on-one feedback sessions, as well as conducting mid-year and final performance appraisals.
- Effectively delegates authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports.
- Ensures staff are appropriately and consistently rewarded and recognised for their achievements and outputs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Qualification: Degree-Business Commerce
- Preferred Qualification: Agriculture related qualification/MBA/
- Honours or Masters in Mathematics, Statistic, Economics, Actuarial Science is an advantage
- 3-4 years Credit Risk Experience in managing a credit portfolio; managing credit risk. Understanding of the credit value chain.
- Risk/ Reward Thinking
- Evaluating Risk Management Effectiveness
- Credit Risk Management
- Loan processing
- Loan assessment and approval