|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 16, 2020|
Responsible for constructing the teams within the practice
• Ensures a common sense of purpose by establishing the vision, intent and desired outcomes of the practice.
• Hires skilled managers and top class technical experts (architects, software engineers, operations engineers, etc.).
• Ensures an appropriate supply of technical experts to fill available positions in the delivery portfolios (SAFe Portfolio, Program and Team levels).
• Builds relationships with the team, partners and the broader industry.
Management of the teams specifically through Performance management and career development
• Continually improves his/her own technical acumen and remains closely connected to changes in industry practices.
• Provides support in the form of training, mentoring, coaching, etc. for practice team members to allow them to attain mastery in their craft.
• Provides opportunities for team members to acquire adjacent skills (“T-shaped employees”) and actively drives cross skilling as a strategic initiative.
• Sets measurable goals and objectives and provides explicit guidance w.r.t. performance expectations.
• Measures performance continually (using feedback from a wide variety of sources) and provides honest and objective feedback to team members on a regular basis.
• Sets clear expectations for the achievement of quality goals.
• Encourages autonomy of decision making within clearly defined boundaries.
• Ensures that team members are rewarded fairly within the context of experience, performance and personal contribution.
Build and improve capability to ensure effectiveness of the practice against industry
• Through collaboration with team members, industry, community, subject matter experts, research houses, etc. establishes and continually improves the standards, methods, frameworks, etc. for the “way things are done” i.e., the way solutions are architected, designed, built and operated.
• Ensures that Security forms an integral part of all practice capabilities.
• Works with key stakeholders (e.g., Product managers) to ensure that work required to instantiate practice goals and objectives is properly prioritised and inserted into Portfolio/Program/Team backlogs.
• Has extreme focus on building capability that produces predictable, reliable and sustainable solutions. “Everything under version control” & “Automate all things”.
• Drives a culture of relentless improvement.
• Regularly assesses the effectiveness of the practice against industry leaders.
• Does presentations at industry functions and actively contributes to the industry body of knowledge.
• Encourages the use of rituals and habits that help shape the effectiveness of the practice.
• Creates Guilds (“communities of practice”) to encourage in-and-across-practice collaboration, information sharing, etc.
Drives the effective management of the Financials
• Lead and drive initiatives around benefits realisation related to the overall practice/functions landscape.
• Formulate and gain acceptance for annual revenue and capital budgets for the business unit/practice
• Monitor budgets against expenditure and mange IT costs in line with organisational parameters
• Ensure necessary transparency and controls are in place regarding expenditure within the function/practice
• Sets the strategy for the practice/functions resource management to respond to business priorities cost effectively.
• Authorise at functional level the allocation of resources for the planning, development and delivery, as appropriate, of services and products
Manages all Audits, Risks & Compliance requirements to ensure adherence to regulations
• Crafts a risk management plan for the practice (incl. business continuity).
• Implements requisite risk elimination / mitigation solutions and continually tracks risks and issues.
• Works with partners from Group Information Security to ensure that best practice security standards are embedded into all practice capabilities.
• Ensures that practice capability (process, methods, tools, etc.) are compliant with Internal Audit requirements.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Degree in IT and Computer Sciences
• Agile Software development methodologies and associated practices such as Continuous Integration, Software Defined Infrastructure, Evolutionary Architecture, etc.
• 7-10 years solid experience in working in a multi discipline team fostering collaboration and team work.
• 3-4 Years Commercial management consulting experience.
• 7-10 years Banking industry knowledge covering Personal and Business Banking as well as Corporate Banking; Regulatory and Compliance requirement understanding
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Analysis
- Organisation Change Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Research and Information Gathering
- Trouble Shooting Ability
- IT Knowledge
- Benefits Management