|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
This Project Co-ordinator role is client facing that provides project administrative assistance to a Project Manager, Programme Manager and/or project team during the delivery of simple and complex projects and programmes.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the project delivers the as-sold solution,while achieving quality criteria and maintaining client satisfaction
- Liaising with clients and ensure client satisfaction
- Delivery of transactional and simple project types
- Project administration – all administrative functions related to projects
- Schedule management – maintaining an up to date project schedule
- Documentation and report preparation – collating and preparing all project related documentation and reports
- Meeting arrangement and documentation – providing general administrative support, co-ordination of meetings with a variety of stakeholders, including vendors and managers and the booking of meeting rooms
- Cost tracking – assisting with the monitoring of cost related projects by tracking invoices and payments in relation to the project budget and monitoring costs against the budget
- Resource allocation – assisting with the allocation of project resources
- Third party management – co-ordinate the relationship with third parties for the delivery of resources and contractors when necessary.
- Under the guidance of a Senior Project Manager, the Project Co-ordinator adheres to and ensures that the project delivers the as-sold solution, remains within baselined budget and is delivered on time, while achieving quality criteria and maintaining client satisfaction. You will manage delivery of the project according to the PMI knowledge areas and in line with the Company’s methodology. This includes project scope control and management of change variations. You will also communicate with key stakeholders regarding the status of their projects.
- Ensure project set-up, resources and operations are efficiently managed, possibly with the assistance of the Project Administrator.
- Liaise with clients and manage several transactional engagements or simple projects simultaneously.
- Relevant Diploma
- Entry level certification in Business or Project Management
- CAPM certification
You will have at least 3 years' experience in Technology Services environment project co-ordination and have:
- Project delivery experience
- Proven client engagement experience
- Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a fundamental understanding of business and project processes, structures and control requirements
- Competent in project change management
- Ability to provide project support with limited guidance for multiple projects
- Ability to co-ordinate the relationship with (third) parties for the delivery of resources and contractors when necessary
- Able to liaise with clients and has a service oriented aptitude
- Capable of managing several transactional engagements or “simple” projects simultaneously
- Displays a proactive approach
- Shows good attention to detail