|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2021|
Market & Customer Research Jobs
The role/portfolio includes 2 retail properties of 5000m2 and a Residential block with 53 flats in addition to above. The residential property is managed by 3rd Party but role has an oversight role on the property. 8 Buildings in Commercial Portfolio. Total Commercial GLA is 25 638m2.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and grow strong tenant relationships in an effort to ease the facilitating and negotiating of the conclusion of lease agreement renewals so as to avoid any vacancies;
- Ensure timeous lease renewals and conclusion of lease documentation;
- Ensure effective tenant liaison and occupant satisfaction across the portfolio;
- The above will be effected through as a minimum, but not limited to, regular (quarterly) tenant and building (monthly) visitations;
- Ensure tenants are all in possession of a tenant information pack, detailing necessary contact details for security, maintenance and after hours contact details;
- Ensure that Billing queries and requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties;
- Facilitate discussions with tenants to ensure that they are in compliance with all documentary, financial requirements and comply with required timeframes;
- Ensure tenant concerns are addressed within acceptable timeframes;
- Utilizing MDA property management system for portfolio management and tenant relationship management to effect the above;
- Ensure that the MDA property management system information is accurate and up to date at all times;
- Market research and analysis relating to area investigation, competitor analysis, market related rentals, market supply and any other key market indicators;
- Identifying and implementation of new procedures to increase efficiency within the organization;
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through process improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between functions;
- Ensure that all security risk assessments have been updated annually and that the security provider is adhering to the site procedures established;
- Maximize property efficiency in line with the group’s objectives;
- Involvement in portfolio budgets as regards to the Revenue retention, Expenditure and CAPEX requirements;
- Presentation of optimization recommendations;
- Promote company within the Region;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure the facilities management team has implemented an annual building lifecycle forecasting, and preventative maintenance plans, and ensure compliance with OHS Act requirements for all buildings.
- Perform regular (minimum monthly) physical building inspections to insure smooth functioning and organization of buildings and grounds of the allocated portfolio;
- Identify areas requiring maintenance, repairs and general housekeeping and ensure that the works are logged on the ticketing system (in accordance with the necessary procedure) to be addressed with maintenance, as required for all properties within portfolio;
- Drive that the identified and logged defects are resolved timeously;
- Ensure that all new tenant inspection forms at commencement of a lease have been completed and filed with the necessary photographic evidence of status of premises at occupation;
- Ensure that if and when required, that the tenant inspection forms on termination of a lease, are completed with necessary photographic evidence. This in order to ensure that tenants exit the premises in accordance with their lease obligations and that the property company does not incur unnecessary expenditure;
- The above to have been completed in order to prepare vacant space for prospective tenant showings;
- Ensure quarterly OHS assessment for each building in portfolio have been completed and corrective actions are implemented;
- Ensure the required indemnity signage is erected at entrance to all buildings within the portfolio;
- Ensure fire regulation compliance is maintained at all times;
- Work with corporate office to ensure that risk management practices are implemented and followed;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a good understanding of the market conditions and trends of commercial property in the country.
- Provide a weekly feedback to the Regional Head of activities.
- Prepare annual budgeting for the allocated portfolio.
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
Key performance areas:
- Lease renewal %.
- Vacancy and occupancy statistics vs budget.
- Lease profile improvements year on year.
- Portfolio optimisation improvements.
- Facilities status score in line with requirements.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Task allocation completion within mutually agreed timelines.
Key performance indicators:
- MDA Vacancy Analysis report.
- MDA Tenant Letting Activity and Retention Report.
- MDA Letting Report.
- Improvement in the portfolio performance.
- Facilities wellness scorecard
- Tenant satisfaction survey
- Operations Tickets Report.
Property Management skills
5 – 10 years’ experience in similar role
Above experience determines the person is reasonably mature, growing in the role and exhibits energetic, pro-active, team player characteristics
Computer Literate on MDA Property Management System
Must be very well-spoken and bilingual
MUST be able to handle extreme pressure