|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 15, 2020|
- To identify quality concerns in projects and apply quality assurance(QA) practices and principles throughout the QA lifecycle thereby participating in the delivery of quality products in accordance to
- SaFE principles.
- To enable testing frameworks that facilitate an efficient testing environment.
Technology & Architecture:
- Identify and provide test data requirements during grooming sessions to prepare it for script execution.
- Conduct test environment pre-checks and readiness assessments so that risks and issues may be identified and raised.
- Ensure that all test scenarios validating the acceptance criteria are scripted so that reuse and consistent execution is followed.
- Prepare data requirements to ensure that data availability for Test case execution is focused on test specific, test reference, and application reference data.
- Cater for test scenarios during the demo/pilot and plan for exploratory testing to be conducted over and above the automated unit and functional tests to ensure maximum test coverage is obtained.
- Create and maintain a portfolio of evidence detailing all executed tests and attach it in the appropriate tool so that a detailed record of test execution is kept.
- Conduct integration testing to ensure that the tested product works end-to-end and create test stubs and drivers with Developers to facilitate test execution.
- Meet execution and reporting targets in order to achieve or exceed expected levels of performance.
- Raise and escalate defects associated with the test cases. Conduct investigations into defects to establish the impacted downstream system and assign the correct development resource.
- Estimate User Stories during iteration planning to identify complex, risky, negative and positive test scenarios.
- Utilise Management Tools aligned to agile ways of work to keep record of assigned tasks using dashboards to track the desired quality metrics.
- Log testing notes on central knowledge-sharing platform to ensure that the latest technical specifications are kept up to date.
- Set up and agree upon defect SLAs per priority, to align and manage expectations across the team and ensure focus is directed according to criticalities.
- Drive the achievement of execution, velocity or lead time targets so that identified risks are documented and escalated.
- Execute the agreed level and type of testing scripts, and document and store results to create a portfolio of evidence thereby enhancing traceability.
- Engage in team collaboration sessions and other Agile ceremonies and events to facilitate teamwork and cohesion.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Diploma - Information Technology
- First Degree - Information Technology
- Engineering (includes Cloud and Resilience) - 1-2 years
- Proven working experience in software development Life Cycle. Uo for 4 years'experience.
Total number of years’ experience: 4 years
- Knowledge and understanding of the standards and phases of implementing new systems or software.
- Refers to the knowledge and experience required to manage the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of physical databases.
- Skills and knowledge of activities, tasks, practices and deliverables to analyse and translate client needs and test the function of the system against the functional requirements.