|Location||Midrand, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Feb 12, 2021|
The value that Deloitte Risk Advisory Africa creates for organisations is synonymous with operational excellence. Deloitte Analytics is the practice of using data to drive business strategy and performance. It includes a range of approaches and solutions, from looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to looking forward to conduct scenario planning and predictive modelling.
Deloitte Analytics spans all of the Deloitte functional businesses to address a continuum of opportunities in Information Management, Performance Optimisation and Analytic Insights. By understanding decision-makers’ roles to maximise analytics value, Deloitte turns everyday information into useful and actionable insights.
We assist our clients in solving a wide variety of data related problems and define strategies for them to better manage, interpret and monetize their data assets. We are the leaders in analytics both globally and in South Africa and work across all the big companies, with a large focus on financial services and a strong footprint into the rest of Africa.
Click here to read more about our Risk Advisory practice.
As an experienced SAP Data & Analytics Lead, you will bring your knowledge and expertise to ensure the design and development of SAP Analytics solutions that meet business requirements.
Engagement management and team development. You will also be expected to develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
The job role entails the following:
· Lead and manage small- and large-scale SAP related BI, Data & Analytics projects.
· Play an SME role in the design, management and delivery of the solutions, together with facilitating excellent client liaisons and relationships.
· Solve complex integrations, data modelling, visualisation and analytics challenges.
· Interact with key stakeholders and recommend correct solutions.
· Manage, mentor and guide the Deloitte and project team towards successful project delivery.
· Keep abreast with the latest SAP developments, approaches, techniques and solutions (Cloud, on prem and hybrid).
Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Sales skills
• Proven ability to manage and execute projects
• Experience in drafting and presenting client proposals
• Excellent report writing skills
• Good financial knowledge
Knowledge and experience across multiple areas including:
• Insights Driven Data & Analytics strategy development
• Business process understanding
• Programming Coding in variety of languages (SAS, SQL, R, Python etc.)
• Business Analysis (including business process mapping)
• Data Modelling
• Machine Learning (ML)
• Data Management
• Data Engineering (extractions, transformations, loading patterns)
• Descriptive analytics (ability to extract insights and trends from data)
• Cloud Analytics
• SAP Analytics
• Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
• Continuous learning mindset
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Effective engagement management
• Able to deliver engagements on time and within budget
• Proven ability to make decisions and the right judgement calls
• Ability to provide leadership and guidance/coaching to junior member of the team
• Ability to inspire and enthuse others to commitment and involvement taking
accountability for larger engagements
• Manages large engagement / multiple engagement deadlines holistically,
identifying risks and escalating.
• Able to work under pressure
• Ownership of deliverables driving team quality and risk management.
BSC Computer Science, BSC Honours Computer Science, BSC Maths Statistics, BEng (all disciplines), BCom (Informatics preferred) and SAP Certifications. Or if direct entry proven experience in data & analytics and other relevant any qualifications (e.g. Certifications and other certifications in analytics technology platforms and techniques)
SAP Certifications or Advanced degrees in Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics and Analytics technology specific certifications.
· Minimum of 7 years’ Data Analytics relevant experience
· Managing and executing projects
· Managing pilots to realize quick wins
· Organization functional work based on how it adds value and where it needs to be performed
8 years related experience
Consulting Experience is advantageous