|Location||Centurion, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Sep 17, 2020|
Market & Customer Research Jobs
- B.Com Risk Management, or an equivalent degree/qualification
- Extensive experience (2+ years) in risk management and people management
- Experience in the financial services industry (short-term or long-term insurance industry experience preferable)
- Specific discipline in operational risk management
- Knowledge of the following:
- Principles and practice of Enterprise Risk Management concepts, frameworks and methodologies
- Governance and accountability
- Internal control and assurance
- King Report on Corporate Governance
Responsibilities will include the following:
General Risk Management Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain knowledge and insights of the business and external environments. This serves to enable the risk manager to assist management and the Board with the identification of material and emerging risks and to be in a position to challenge and review risks during the risk assessment processes.
- Plan risk assessment workshops for the year and schedule activities
- Facilitate workshops with department managers and heads (risk owners) to categorize, identify, assess and rate risks
- Capture the above-mentioned risks on the risks management system and maintain the register of risks through regular updates and workshops
- Monitor effectiveness of controls, identify and monitor Key Risk Indicators in relation to approved risk appetite
- Monitor, assess, quantify and report on risk events
- Assist with the review of Risk Management policies
- Plan and execute all activities in line with the Group Risk Management Strategy and Framework and other Risk Management policies.
- Identification, calculation and reporting of operational and opportunity losses
- Assist with weekly Information Security monitoring
- Attend various relevant company forums and meetings and actively participate in the activities
- Interact with various stakeholders including management, Internal Auditors, Compliance and Quality Assurance teams
- Relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a high level of understanding of possible risks and procedures in each department.
Risk Management Reporting
- Submit monthly and quarterly detailed reports of risk profiles, operational incidents and losses,
- Submit reports relevant committees including but not limited to the Internal Risk Committee, Board reports and Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
Special Reporting and Other projects
Participate as an individual or as part of a project team on special projects such as:
- Sustainability reporting
- Social and Ethics reporting
Skills and Competencies
- The applicant should be well familiar with the MS Office suite.
- Good interpersonal relationships and excellent communication
- Ability to operate and think independently
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities
- Organising and planning
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly
- A good sense of judgement.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Be an analytical thinker with an investigative instinct.
- Takes ownership and responsibility.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.