|Location||Edenvale, South Africa|
|Date Posted||Jan 16, 2021|
Logistics & Transportation Jobs
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain, or Shipping, or Exports or related fields is preferred.
- Previous experience having worked as an Exports Logistics / Customer Services / Shipping Administrator exporting into the International Market is essential.
- Pervious experience working with Shipping/INCA terms, Export order fulfilment and Ocean Freight Shipping is essential.
- Pervious experience having worked within the Chemical, Distribution, Manufacturing or related Industries is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory Compliance for shipping hazardous Chemicals Overseas is pref.
- Previous experience having worked on SAP, knowledge of Ocean Freight carrier and Shipping Ports for the Logistics process is pref.
- Experience with border crossing documentation that includes SADC certificates, export control (ITAC) and compliance with hazardous substances ACT of South Africa is preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Manage the full Export functions from Customer enquiry to delivery of orders to the required destination.
- Monitor and evaluate current and new Export activities locally and globally for effectiveness.
- Work closely with Freight Forwarder requesting bookings for FCL, LCL, etc.,
- Handle alternative Export documentation requirements for various Export Territories
- Work with the Sales Department and Customers to obtain orders and understand special requirements.
- Work with Customers to determine feasible shipping dates, co-ordinate and communicate across Supply Chain Departments, Warehouse Staff and Freight Forwarders to ensure that Export Products are available.
- Initiate and document Product returns, determining reason, quantity, and condition, process damaged and disposed product claims, interface with the Plant and Customer to ensure the correct procedures are followed.
- Develop good relationships with their Customer’s Buyers.
- Co-ordinate and manage Water International Shipments, notifying the proper personnel and communicating directly with the Sales Department and Customers.